FedEx Express launches service in Iraq

R

retired

FedEx Express launches service in Iraq

Federal Express transportation company has added Iraq to its global network. FedEx Express is the first to offer door-to-door pick up and delivery for shipments in and out of the cities of Baghdad, Basra and Mosul.

FedEx Express services in Iraq will be operated by Global Service Participant (GSP) Falcon Express. They company has a experience operating in the Middle East and currently provides delivery services for FedEx Express in Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, Syria and Yemen.

O

over9five

Dont think Id want to be driving a truck in Iraq with an American company name on it.

L

local804

The trucks will not have an american name on it.GSP will be delivering the packages for Fedex.Fedex will ship the parcels to a spot and Global will continue from there. I think its a good move on Fdx`s hand.There is alot of money to be made now that the new government has taken over. I would like to see UPS follow their footsteps, and I am sure they will.

U

ups_vette

How will the packages get into Iraq? The airports are not open for anything but military flights. The roads into Iraq are a hotbed for armed bandits, the remnits of Sadam loyalists, and roadblocks by our military searching for munitions.

Iraq, despite what our President says, is still a war zone. The new "Goverment" in Iraq has no real authority and the only business being conducted is on the black market.

D

d.aardappel

Fed-ex maybe using DHL to get their material into Iraq. "The company is operating up to six daily flights to Iraq from Bahrain, using a combination of Airbus A300s, Antonov AN12s and Boeing727s"

L

local804

Papa Johns is sending 40 frozen pizza pies to a staff seargant in Iraq for his troops.Do you know how they are getting there?
FEDEX

T

tieguy

Last thing I would want to do is deliver a box of unknown merchandise in Iraq.

L

local804

You are a supervisor and should NOT be doing union work anyway!!!!!!!!!!

U

ups_vette

804:
Since there is NO union in Iraq, there can be NO "union work". Even the terrorists aren't organized, let alone delivery people.

Hoffa has been unabel, or unwilling to try, to organize FedEx in the US, and you think the delivery of packages in Iraq is "union work"??

L

local804

It was just an answer for tieguys post.He usually has an off the wall comment or view for everything.As for Hoffa unwilling to try to organize Fedex, I think you need to do a little more homework on that one.Just because it may not seem they are in your area, they sure are here.

T

tieguy

To a pampered ny teamster I probably would sound off the wall.

W

wkmac

Car Bomb?
Poison Gas?
Dirty Nuke Weapon?
Al Queda Supplies?

When It Positively, Absolutely Has To Be There!
FEDEX, the official shipper of Saddam and Al Queda!}

Hey Bagdad Bob needs a job so maybe he could be their in-country PR spokesman.
wink.gif