FedEx Express RTD driver shot

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

This is so sad. Apparently, the man killed was an RTD trainer who was killed by someone he was training. Sad day for this man’s family as well as his coworkers who thought he was a great guy. RIP driver. 😢

yadig

This is so sad. Apparently, the man killed was an RTD trainer who was killed by someone he was training. Sad day for this man’s family as well as his coworkers who thought he was a great guy. RIP driver. 😢
When you go to the bottom of the barrel to look for cheap labor, this happens. My prayers to the rtd trainer and his family. I thought about taking that training position a year ago but after seeing the people being trained Ii quickly changed my mind. Most of the people going thru rtd training fail several times before being sent back to handlers or couriers. This wouldn’t happen if we stuck with the basic skills testing, decent pay and benefits.

zeev

You got that right FedEx doesn’t care about the safety of employees at all. Huge turnover in a dangerous position.

ManInBrown

When you go to the bottom of the barrel to look for cheap labor, this happens. My prayers to the rtd trainer and his family. I thought about taking that training position a year ago but after seeing the people being trained Ii quickly changed my mind. Most of the people going thru rtd training fail several times before being sent back to handlers or couriers. This wouldn’t happen if we stuck with the basic skills testing, decent pay and benefits.
Yup. UPS package driver got stabbed to death by a seasonal helper in CT a few years ago. I can’t even begin to tell you how bottom of the barrel 99% of seasonal UPS helpers are. You get what you pay for. Most of the time when I was in package I didn’t even want one. They were more of a hindrance than a help.

Freedom

As a former coworker of this employee, I retired, I want everybody to know that a Go Fund Me page been established for his family. This employee served 28 years with the company, has a wife and 3 kids. His name can easily be found by searching for the story about the FedEx driver killed at Cargo City Philadelphia on 10/8/2022. This is a chance to show the victims family that fellow FedEx employees are there when a tragedy like this happens. Any donation, no matter how small, will help. Thank you in advance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As a former coworker of this employee, I retired, I want everybody to know that a Go Fund Me page been established for his family. This employee served 28 years with the company, has a wife and 3 kids. His name can easily be found by searching for the story about the FedEx driver killed at Cargo City Philadelphia on 10/8/2022. This is a chance to show the victims family that fellow FedEx employees are there when a tragedy like this happens. Any donation, no matter how small, will help. Thank you in advance.

I found the gofundme and got permission to post it here. So sorry for your loss and especially the loss for his family.