Fedex Ground (home delivery) drug testing policy

Good morning, I'm seeking clarification on the drug testing policy for home delivery, non-cdl drivers. I'm going to be honest and say that I was a pretty heavy marijuana smoker prior to being hired as a home delivery driver under a contractor. I do know that random testing is required, so I've chosen to quit using altogether. I have never been under the influence while on duty. I know that it will take some time for this to completely be cleaned from my system as far as drug testing is concerned. And I also know what will happen if a positive result is given. Is the random drug test going to be the same process as the pre-employment test? I was sent to a clinic, was told to be at the clinic within 2 hours, i remember it being a split specimen. I'm not really worried about the test itself, just the procedures. Are non-cdl drivers subject to monitored testing? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Good morning, I'm seeking clarification on the drug testing policy for home delivery, non-cdl drivers. I'm going to be honest and say that I was a pretty heavy marijuana smoker prior to being hired as a home delivery driver under a contractor. I do know that random testing is required, so I've chosen to quit using altogether. I have never been under the influence while on duty. I know that it will take some time for this to completely be cleaned from my system as far as drug testing is concerned. And I also know what will happen if a positive result is given. Is the random drug test going to be the same process as the pre-employment test? I was sent to a clinic, was told to be at the clinic within 2 hours, i remember it being a split specimen. I'm not really worried about the test itself, just the procedures. Are non-cdl drivers subject to monitored testing? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

When was the last time you smoked weed?

bacha29

You're not fooling anybody. You're scared to death about that drug test. For a heavy user like yourself the 30 days burrhead mentioned is credible but some others are saying 45-90 days. Since it's only been 10 days by the sounds of things you've been toking after you were hired. My Ground station had a female driver for a contractor called in for a random. Knowing what the outcome would be she didn't even bother going. She was a 25 hour package handler single mom who got on full time with one of the better paying route contractors.

zerocool5468

Its no worse than the millions of americans texting and driving, abusing prescription pills, driving intoxicated, and or being all together :censored2:ty drivers. Go for it!

You're not fooling anybody. You're scared to death about that drug test. For a heavy user like yourself the 30 days burrhead mentioned is credible but some others are saying 45-90 days. Since it's only been 10 days by the sounds of things you've been toking after you were hired. My Ground station had a female driver for a contractor called in for a random. Knowing what the outcome would be she didn't even bother going. She was a 25 hour package handler single mom who got on full time with one of the better paying route contractors.

I started hiring process 12/8/17. I previously worked for USPS as a city carrier and they took forever to verify that. After I got the call that I actually got the job, I quit. that was 12/22/17, I started 12/23/17. Even though I haven't been intoxicated in any way, shape, form, or fashion, this drug can stay in my system for an extended period of time and can cost me this opportunity, so yes I am scared. Which is why I'm seeking insight so I can better prepare myself if I get popped with a random.

STFXG

You’ll get the paper in the morning and have two hours to get it done. Just like preemployment. It’s completely random. Can get hit twice in a month or once in two years. As long as you don’t get in an accident or get hurt the odds are in your favor.

bbsam

Staff member
I started hiring process 12/8/17. I previously worked for USPS as a city carrier and they took forever to verify that. After I got the call that I actually got the job, I quit. that was 12/22/17, I started 12/23/17. Even though I haven't been intoxicated in any way, shape, form, or fashion, this drug can stay in my system for an extended period of time and can cost me this opportunity, so yes I am scared. Which is why I'm seeking insight so I can better prepare myself if I get popped with a random.
So when did you take preemployment drug test?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sounds to me you already know the answer to your question

So, what is it you need here

Somebody to pat you on the back and tell you it’s not gonna be a problem

How come you quit the USPS seems to be a better gig than ground

bacha29

Sounds to me you already know the answer to your question

So, what is it you need here

Somebody to pat you on the back and tell you it’s not gonna be a problem

How come you quit the USPS seems to be a better gig than ground
That's what I was wondering. Did he quit or have a random come back positive while he was at the USPS ? You right. Going from the USPS to driving for an HD contractor is a very large step backward indeed.