What happens if you fail a drug test?

floridays

Yes express, and I was thinking I had a target too.
I went to mornings from pm/midday and my absence kind of screwed the night side so the night managers have been mad at me ever since. Maybe they plotted something 😩

And by choice, I kind of like going out of town I've been to I think 7 different stations at this point
Doubtful they plotted something.

Two "randoms" with no cdl? When I said a target on your back I didn't mean they put it there. Were your randoms at your home station?

Why would they target you for randoms, you didn't answer, do you have any customer complaints?

What have you done that puts you on their radar?

purplelife

Generally randoms are for cdl drivers and otherwise its reasonable suspicion, Just from what I've seen. If you're not cdl and have had two someone is doing something.

Cheesypurpletees

I randomly was presented with a random drug test today. What's funny is I'm helping out at another station 5 hrs from home right now smh. But it got me thinking, How do they figure out who to test(I don't have a CDL...?) And what happens if you fail? Marijuana is legal where I'm at and I'm sure there's a bunch of people that smoke that :censored2: or use CBD for joints or w.e at my station

Don’t worry if you fail you’d be eligible to attend a 30 day rehab, which after completion; you’d get your job back. Per union contract…Oh wait….never mind. Carry on

fedx

Extra Large Package
I randomly was presented with a random drug test today. What's funny is I'm helping out at another station 5 hrs from home right now smh. But it got me thinking, How do they figure out who to test(I don't have a CDL...?) And what happens if you fail? Marijuana is legal where I'm at and I'm sure there's a bunch of people that smoke that :censored2: or use CBD for joints or w.e at my station

My understanding is if you fail, you're done and you won't ever get a driving job again because you failed a drug test. And I mean a driving job anywhere. The fact that you've had 2 in the same year sounds suspicious. That's not normal. And I agree with you, pot should be legal. I don't smoke it and don't like it, but I know a lot of people who do and they are normal, working, tax paying citizens. A lot of pot smokers don't drink. Just legalize it and let people pick what they want to do. It's no different than alcohol and actually probably healthier than drinking.

Last edited:

floridays

Don’t worry if you fail you’d be eligible to attend a 30 day rehab, which after completion; you’d get your job back. Per union contract…Oh wait….never mind. Carry on
How'd you like to go :censored2: yerself buster?
Listen to me buster, if you still work for UPS in ten years and make that comment, I'll tell you to go :censored2: yerself.
You're not cute, I wipe you off my shoes when I step in a pile.
Now bow your chest, stick your lip out and STFU.

MassWineGuy

In case you don’t know why, let me tell you. Cannabis is illegal under federal law. To the company, that supersedes any state laws.

Good luck with the job search.

Cheesypurpletees

How'd you like to go :censored2: yerself buster?
Listen to me buster, if you still work for UPS in ten years and make that comment, I'll tell you to go :censored2: yerself.
You're not cute, I wipe you off my shoes when I step in a pile.
Now bow your chest, stick your lip out and STFU.

😂 Wow, ok there buster. I’m going to assume you’re not this easily offended and sensitive and just being entertaining. Made me chuckle

fedx

Extra Large Package
In case you don’t know why, let me tell you. Cannabis is illegal under federal law. To the company, that supersedes any state laws.

Good luck with the job search.

What's most ironic is the pot smoking hippies of the 60s are now the politicians running Washington today and have been since the mid 90s and pot is still illegal under federal law. It doesn't make sense to me.

fatboy33

I read this a second time.
If you have been tested twice in 9 months for whatever reason you have a target on your back.
I'm not saying you are being picked on either.
My guess is some complaints have come in.

I have a question or two.
First question
Are you an Express employee?

Second question
Are you helping out at a station 5 hours away by choice or did you draw the short straw?
We had a young kid, I was young then too, who would brag about passing any drug test. Well, one day, he was "Randomly" chosen to take the test and failed. I'm not sure what the process of being chosen for a drug test but it surly isn't random. Random is a safe word to use in that its hard to prove against in court. Of my 20 plus years, the only random tests were of those suspected of drug use.