FedEx Ground Vans For Sale In Texas

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Soooo I'm no where close to TX, but what happened to the KBFA investor group? Edit: Milks Express?!? Who would name their company that??? Unless he was a former milk delivery person...

Wondering why they didn't sell them to the other contractors in that terminal...

Last edited:

bacha29

Most of the fleet is less than 10 years old. You guys are nuts, plenty of life left in those.
There used to be a limit on how old a used vehicle could be that could be put in service. I think it used to be 3 years old. Did they decide to loosen up a bit on that dictate?

It will be fine

There used to be a limit on how old a used vehicle could be that could be put in service. I think it used to be 3 years old. Did they decide to loosen up a bit on that dictate?
I’ve never had an issue. They don’t care at all as far as I can tell these days. My oldest is a ‘94, it’s older than a lot of my drivers now.

bacha29

I’ve never had an issue. They don’t care at all as far as I can tell these days. My oldest is a ‘94, it’s older than a lot of my drivers now.
But a lot of these units are 2001's and 2's Would they allow you to put something that old into service. If you brought that 94 in new then it doesn't matter now but to bring in a 17 year old used one would they go along with it.?

It will be fine

But a lot of these units are 2001's and 2's Would they allow you to put something that old into service. If you brought that 94 in new then it doesn't matter now but to bring in a 17 year old used one would they go along with it.?
Yes. I just added a 2002 to my fleet. They don’t have any restrictions for age of vehicle. I think I brought the 94 in around 2011. As long as it can pass a DOT inspection it’s good to go.

bacha29

Yes. I just added a 2002 to my fleet. They don’t have any restrictions for age of vehicle. I think I brought the 94 in around 2011. As long as it can pass a DOT inspection it’s good to go.
As cheap as they're going for Bud you ought to fly down and drive back a couple especially those 2016's Or just have them put on low boys and trucked back. They're Texas trucks they can't be as badly beat up as the ones on New England get

It will be fine

As cheap as they're going for Bud you ought to fly down and drive back a couple especially those 2016's Or just have them put on low boys and trucked back. They're Texas trucks they can't be as badly beat up as the ones on New England get
I do love auctions. They’ll go up quite a bit when it gets to crunch time, but I’ll be watching. This is a site I haven’t seen before, I’m always looking for usable stuff I can buy with cash.

bacha29

I do love auctions. They’ll go up quite a bit when it gets to crunch time, but I’ll be watching. This is a site I haven’t seen before, I’m always looking for usable stuff I can buy with cash.
The 2016's might bring $7500 each but I kinda doubt that they'll bring much more than that. Still given that they have 65,000 and 54,000 on them at 7500 or less you better go get them. There has to be somebody around your shed who can go down and bring them back. At a guess what do you think the top bid will be?

FedGT

They look like flood damaged vehicles to me. There were a lot of guys that didn’t take good care of their trucks in my terminal but none ever looked that bad.

bacha29

They look like flood damaged vehicles to me. There were a lot of guys that didn’t take good care of their trucks in my terminal but none ever looked that bad.
I would be concerned about the high concentrations of cab dust. If they were exposed to dusty road conditions the problem with dust is that is corrosive and produces wire chaffing and arching across the wires. But given the price if they turn out to be junk you won't be out too much money and perhaps they could be diamonds in the rough.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I would be concerned about the high concentrations of cab dust. If they were exposed to dusty road conditions the problem with dust is that is corrosive and produces wire chaffing and arching across the wires. But given the price if they turn out to be junk you won't be out too much money and perhaps they could be diamonds in the rough.
chaff1
/CHaf/
noun 1. the husks of corn or other seed separated by winnowing or threshing.

arch1
/ärCH/
noun 1. a curved symmetrical structure spanning an opening and typically supporting the weight of a bridge, roof, or wall above it.

Tell me more about this chaffing and arching...

A

Article 3

Most look to be too old to be put back into service but there are 3 or 4 that might make excellent standby spares.
Maybe hold them for spares at peak season in NY City just in case?
IMG_20190709_220951.jpg