Viktor Hovland FedEx Cup

bacha29

Some golfer I never even heard of won the Tour Championship and the Fedex Cup. Fat Freddy gave him a few shekels for his efforts in the form of a modest 18 million dollars. And remember Fat Freddy and Raj Towelhead say they're cutting costs across the board.....Yea....sure pal.

It is just an absolute slap in the face. A straight up and down insult to you guys who have seen your wages not only not keeping up but going in the opposite direction with your benefit package now just an empty shell.

And those poor slugs over at Ground? The new UPS contract has by sheer design created what is now an intolerable pay and benefit gap between the prime rib UPS guys are eating and the tuna fish salad the Ground grunts eat.

You can disagree with me but I believe that the massive pay increase UPS surprisingly consented to was directed more at FDX than the Teamsters themselves. That massive pay gap will invariably grind away and grind away and grind away at the psyche of even the most dedicated and conscientious contractor employed driver until he even begins asking himself....."what the expletive deleted am I doing out here"?

yadadamean116

Some golfer I never even heard of won the Tour Championship and the Fedex Cup. Fat Freddy gave him a few shekels for his efforts in the form of a modest 18 million dollars. And remember Fat Freddy and Raj Towelhead say they're cutting costs across the board.....Yea....sure pal.

It is just an absolute slap in the face. A straight up and down insult to you guys who have seen your wages not only not keeping up but going in the opposite direction with your benefit package now just an empty shell.

And those poor slugs over at Ground? The new UPS contract has by sheer design created what is now an intolerable pay and benefit gap between the prime rib UPS guys are eating and the tuna fish salad the Ground grunts eat.

You can disagree with me but I believe that the massive pay increase UPS surprisingly consented to was directed more at FDX than the Teamsters themselves. That massive pay gap will invariably grind away and grind away and grind away at the psyche of even the most dedicated and conscientious contractor employed driver until he even begins asking himself....."what the expletive deleted am I doing out here"?
I seen the writing on the wall 10 years ago while I was with Express and my loser coworkers said why would you go to UPS, you have to pay union dues 🤣

FedupExpress

I seen the writing on the wall 10 years ago while I was with Express and my loser coworkers said why would you go to UPS, you have to pay union dues 🤣
Yes, that is the consensus at my station as well.
They are idiots who never worked union, I also have heard them say it's easier to get fired 🤣

dezguy

This is a common statement at my station as well. These idiots would rather pay $200 a month in healthcare and pension co pays than $80 a month in union dues and get superior, company paid healthcare and pension.

bacha29

What they don't understand about union dues is that you're simply prepaying for the legal representation you simply can't be without in today's workplace.
Those hard fought workplace rights were something your grandfathers fought for and earned nearly a century ago. Those dues are simply paying for the legal representation needed to fend off the challenges to those rights and attacks on them

zeev

What they don't understand about union dues is that you're simply prepaying for the legal representation you simply can't be without in today's workplace.
Those hard fought workplace rights were something your grandfathers fought for and earned nearly a century ago. Those dues are simply paying for the legal representation needed to fend off the challenges to those rights and attacks on them
Yes you have a legal contract and representation, Facebook is full of questions at FedEx can they do this , of course they can do it there is now no reason at all to keep any employees around.

bacha29

Yes you have a legal contract and representation, Facebook is full of questions at FedEx can they do this , of course they can do it there is now no reason at all to keep any employees around.
No union can stop FDX from restructuring it business operations. However a union contract would bind FDX to specific sets of terms and processes that spell out in clear detail the orderly manner by which that restructuring would be undertaken and how and when the individual would be affected.
Not a pretty thing to happen to a person but at least you would know what was going to happen to you, when it would happen to you and some idea as to the economic condition you would be in when it happened.

Right now other than the 60 day closing Fats and Raj really have no binding obligations other than that.

!Retired!

Congrats to him.....

bacha29

Man, I remember when you were hoping the company locked us out lol what a fool you were, and are.
When did I say I was HOPING the company would lock you out? I only pointed the potential for UPS counter measures including those your president may not have deemed possible or planned for. And I know that while you hate to have to admit it even you were surprised that UPS rolled so easily.

Thebrownblob

When did I say I was HOPING the company would lock you out? I only pointed the potential for UPS counter measures including those your president may not have deemed possible or planned for. And I know that while you hate to have to admit it even you were surprised that UPS rolled so easily.
Nope I pretty much told you they would give us a good contract never had a doubt in my mind. I’ve done this a long time my friend and I would very easily tell you you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time you’re just lucky.

bacha29

Nope I pretty much told you they would give us a good contract never had a doubt in my mind. I’ve done this a long time my friend and I would very easily tell you you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about 90% of the time and the other 10% of the time you’re just lucky.
Still beats you by 4%. And perhaps you might want to take a look at the fact that your B Class stock has fallen by 10% since 8-1 and 20% from a year ago. You got your money that's good but if margin compression starts honking off the people who actually OWN the company things might not be all candy and roses for ALL of the boys wearing the brown yarn.

Thebrownblob

Still beats you by 4%. And perhaps you might want to take a look at the fact that your B Class stock has fallen by 10% since 8-1 and 20% from a year ago. You got your money that's good but if margin compression starts honking off the people who actually OWN the company things might not be all candy and roses for ALL of the boys wearing the brown yarn.
I don’t care about their stock I don’t own any. That’s their problem they’ll figure it out.

Thebrownblob

Yep, they're the rancher you're the cattle. Too many cattle on the ranch you thin out the herd. Low seniority steers might not want to thank the brown gods too soon.
Sure thing, layoffs are horrible at UPS instead of driving. Those guys will have to go in the building and make money lol how awful. Nope instead, the supposed ranchers are going to get laid off. Don’t need so many of them. Your ignorance on how this company operates is humors I’ve been here 30+ years rinse and repeat happens all the time.

bacha29

Sure thing, layoffs are horrible at UPS instead of driving. Those guys will have to go in the building and make money lol how awful. Nope instead, the supposed ranchers are going to get laid off. Don’t need so many of them. Your ignorance on how this company operates is humors I’ve been here 30+ years rinse and repeat happens all the time.
I see. Another "I've been lumping cardboard for 30+ years at UPS. I've seen it all and therefore I know it all and I know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it".....Yeah right....When you've got a seat on the board of directors and you're a voting director as well.....get back to me .

Thebrownblob

I see. Another "I've been lumping cardboard for 30+ years at UPS. I've seen it all and therefore I know it all and I know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it".....Yeah right....When you've got a seat on the board of directors and you're a voting director as well.....get back to me .
I see another person who’s never done anything at UPS and doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about? That’s you.
When you guys are done anything in your life that was successful, give me a call till then continue with your losing streak.

bacha29

I see another person who’s never done anything at UPS and doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about? That’s you.
When you guys are done anything in your life that was successful, give me a call till then continue with your losing streak.
Pal, you have nothing there to brag about . You put in your application at a time when UPS needed people who could perform heavy labor at a brisk pace. You were hired to do exactly the same thing then as you do today. Honorable but neither significant nor unusual or extraordinary as evidenced by the fact that your company's market share is now only 4 percentage points higher than FDX . Get back to me in 5 years and we'll see where those numbers are. The market share numbers will decide whether or not you were worth the money you'll receive over that period of time....Have a pleasant evening.

Thebrownblob

Pal, you have nothing there to brag about . You put in your application at a time when UPS needed people who could perform heavy labor at a brisk pace. You were hired to do exactly the same thing then as you do today. Honorable but neither significant nor unusual or extraordinary as evidenced by the fact that your company's market share is now only 4 percentage points higher than FDX . Get back to me in 5 years and we'll see where those numbers are. The market share numbers will decide whether or not you were worth the money you'll receive over that period of time....Have a pleasant evening.
Oh, Pal, you could’ve done the same. And yet you’re not honorable or significant in anyway, you’re a loser. The market share has decided for 30 years. I’m with worth every bit they pay me. You not so much lol.