FedEx Package Handler applicant here, have some questions.

overflowed

If you are in a Metro area they hire part time pick couriers almost as bad as handlers. Turnover is horrible. 2pm-5 or 6, easy job. Double the money almost. They hire directly off the street now. I think for a college student if you can fit it in you schedule it would be ideal.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Ground handlers repeatedly get sent home early on the AM side and the contractors get stuck finishing the loading of their vehicles. A pretty shabby deal and certainly not a job you can depend on. I'd be looking elsewhere.

Out of my 75 loaders, I gave a Christmas gift to 3. The year before I only gifted 2

NYCFXG

You seem to be able to read and write. That would make you overqualified to work as a loader in my terminal. The hardest part of my morning is keeping my employees from assaulting the loaders for leaving their garbage all over my trucks and not even attempting to load to "vision". In 6 months, I can't remember a single loader I have had longer than 2 weeks. They actually make my business harder to run on a daily basis. It is so bad in my terminal, the managers "new rule" is if it is a misload but still one of your contracted routes, you need to deliver it or find a way to get it to your other truck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fedex Ground!

If you smoke weed, have heavy tatting, possess a ZZ-Top style beard and at least 5 body piercings, you're probably in. If you can consistently load into the wrong trailer, sneak outside to grab a beer during breaks, and extort the female help for sexual favors, they'll bring you in as a manager.

CJinx

It is so bad in my terminal, the managers "new rule" is if it is a misload but still one of your contracted routes, you need to deliver it or find a way to get it to your other truck.
I think that's from above the station level; we have the same directive here. No code 12 unless it belongs to a different csa, otherwise it is concerned a service failure as far as station management is concerned.

STFXG

I think that's from above the station level; we have the same directive here. No code 12 unless it belongs to a different csa, otherwise it is concerned a service failure as far as station management is concerned.

That doesn't happen here. If it's a misload it gets scanned as such. Management is welcome to change it to a DNA or whatever they want. Who really cares? Not me.

It will be fine

Sounds like management falsification to me. Where's the integrity? Those are station failures, own them. It's nonsense like this that makes me completely ignore my service number. It's really piss poor leadership to so blatantly fail to accept responsibility for terminal personnel mistakes.

CJinx

Sounds like management falsification to me. Where's the integrity? Those are station failures, own them. It's nonsense like this that makes me completely ignore my service number. It's really piss poor leadership to so blatantly fail to accept responsibility for terminal personnel mistakes.
Just one of those times where the whole 'separate business entity' sword cuts in the other direction. As far as the station is concerned, it's still your freight. It would be a different story if that wasn't the case. Whether it is a 12 or a 27 (or even a 37); impacts the station just the same.

It will be fine

Just one of those times where the whole 'separate business entity' sword cuts in the other direction. As far as the station is concerned, it's still your freight. It would be a different story if that wasn't the case. Whether it is a 12 or a 27 (or even a 37); impacts the station just the same.
That's some next level BS right there.