fedex transition

echo

I appreciate the info. After 13 years nothing X does suprises me. From safety meetings where everyone just initialed a blank paper and hours of service was completely ignored etc. Theres simply a public by the book operation and a private just get the pkg delivered operation.

Bounty

I appreciate the info. After 13 years nothing X does suprises me. From safety meetings where everyone just initialed a blank paper and hours of service was completely ignored etc. Theres simply a public by the book operation and a private just get the pkg delivered operation.
Your right, I remember signing those blank sheets while being forced to attend meetings. It blows my mind what this company has gotten away with. Hopefully, their never ending greed gets them in trouble.

bacha29

Thanks to the 3 of us we have exposed the practices of X when it comes to Ground operations, things we have either experienced personally or have witnessed with our own eyes what others have been through. Somehow we managed to survive and to open a new chapter in our lves. Yet we have people like Dano 59 and bbsam who will defend that company no matter what because their their entire quality of life is owed directly to that company. As for what the future holds for ISP contractors at least in the depressed rural areas? The guy who bought my route who because the bank he banks with and his own father is VP wouldn't lend him any money simply because it's FXG requiring me financing it at 100%. So how's he doing? He's $10,000 in arrears on the down payment and 6 months behind on the installments.I'm just laying low because I know that very soon he too wil be wanting me to come back in as an equity partner.

bbsam

Staff member
Thanks to the 3 of us we have exposed the practices of X when it comes to Ground operations, things we have either experienced personally or have witnessed with our own eyes what others have been through. Somehow we managed to survive and to open a new chapter in our lves. Yet we have people like Dano 59 and bbsam who will defend that company no matter what because their their entire quality of life is owed directly to that company. As for what the future holds for ISP contractors at least in the depressed rural areas? The guy who bought my route who because the bank he banks with and his own father is VP wouldn't lend him any money simply because it's FXG requiring me financing it at 100%. So how's he doing? He's $10,000 in arrears on the down payment and 6 months behind on the installments.I'm just laying low because I know that very soon he too wil be wanting me to come back in as an equity partner.
Defend the company? Hardly. I simply don't let owners off the hook for walking into what is very clearly stated in a highly favorable for X contract. Don't like it? Stay away. Pretty simple really.

echo

Hope your situation works out Bacha. I'm really not for or against X. It is a one sided contract. I signed it and played the game. And it really is a game.....Bald tires OMG you can't ride on that..... Why are you putting in your real start time?.....Next meeting is on integrity etc. I mostly stayed quiet and did my time, defended myself and backed up other contractors as needed . I start everday remembering X likes to recite the contract when it's good for them but order you around like an employee if you will let them.

It will be fine

He's $10,000 in arrears on the down payment and 6 months behind on the installments.I'm just laying low because I know that very soon he too wil be wanting me to come back in as an equity partner.
Haven't you been out for awhile? How did you not get the down payment upfront? How do accept a deal like that, not even get paid for 6 months and come on here to offer advice to anyone? Your business decisions are clearly terrible.

bacha29

THis guy made the only offer for the route. As I said earlier I started at 7:AM or earlier every day and was out until 9PM or later every night. Everyone who would have otherwise been interested in the route back then knew that if they bought it they would have to put on a full time sup in a rented truck because they knew of no one willing to put in those kind of hours for the kind of per diem a conractor pays. The guy who did buy knew that it would require 2 trucks and two guys when he bought it but I told him that if he wanted to stay on when ISP arrived and I told him also that ISP was coming in a few months and I was spot on with that he would have to get more routes and mine would have to be one of them as unattractive as it was at the time it all that was going to be available And so BEFORE YOU start laying the critcism you should get all the facts. Under the terms of the sales contract I can take back possession of the route after 3 months on nonpayment which means that since I'm not getting the money I can sell it to another contractor who now knows that he needs it leaving the guy who has it now below scale which means that he's SOL. I'll get to this guy later but right now there is another contractor's employee who owes me a substantial 5 figure sum of money . I filed the complaint a few weeks ago have the evidence together and we see the district judge on March 7. Only act of of God or an act of Congress is going to get him out of it. The money loaned was to pay to repair appliances and an over due utility bill and the utility was coming out that very day to shut off his utilities. With no heat no lights no way to cook food or wash clothes if the social workers found out they would have taken the kids and put them in foster care.So don't even try to decieve me with the belief that contractor employees are paid well.What happened to this guy is another example of why I refused to be a multi route contractor. These rural areas imputs are too high, revenue stream too thin to give someone enough to live on. So don't second guess my decisions based your completely different set of demographics

Bounty

THis guy made the only offer for the route. As I said earlier I started at 7:AM or earlier every day and was out until 9PM or later every night. Everyone who would have otherwise been interested in the route back then knew that if they bought it they would have to put on a full time sup in a rented truck because they knew of no one willing to put in those kind of hours for the kind of per diem a conractor pays. The guy who did buy knew that it would require 2 trucks and two guys when he bought it but I told him that if he wanted to stay on when ISP arrived and I told him also that ISP was coming in a few months and I was spot on with that he would have to get more routes and mine would have to be one of them as unattractive as it was at the time it all that was going to be available And so BEFORE YOU start laying the critcism you should get all the facts. Under the terms of the sales contract I can take back possession of the route after 3 months on nonpayment which means that since I'm not getting the money I can sell it to another contractor who now knows that he needs it leaving the guy who has it now below scale which means that he's SOL. I'll get to this guy later but right now there is another contractor's employee who owes me a substantial 5 figure sum of money . I filed the complaint a few weeks ago have the evidence together and we see the district judge on March 7. Only act of of God or an act of Congress is going to get him out of it. The money loaned was to pay to repair appliances and an over due utility bill and the utility was coming out that very day to shut off his utilities. With no heat no lights no way to cook food or wash clothes if the social workers found out they would have taken the kids and put them in foster care.So don't even try to decieve me with the belief that contractor employees are paid well.What happened to this guy is another example of why I refused to be a multi route contractor. These rural areas imputs are too high, revenue stream too thin to give someone enough to live on. So don't second guess my decisions based your completely different set of demographics

bbsam

Staff member
How can you take back the route? Fedex doesn't recognize your right to it and you can't force them to sign a contract with you. Are you certain you aren't the one who is SOL?

bacha29

Do I want back in the place no, but I can take the guy to court take the attorney prepared sales contract put it in front of the judge. It's all there in black and white. I will propose to the judge that the curent owner resume payment or amend his articles of incorporation making me a shareholder while maintaining his status as president and managing general partner If the judge approves it do you think X will ignore it? What will they gain by defying a court order? It will just be more fuel on the law suit fire.

It will be fine

Do I want back in the place no, but I can take the guy to court take the attorney prepared sales contract put it in front of the judge. It's all there in black and white. I will propose to the judge that the curent owner resume payment or amend his articles of incorporation making me a shareholder while maintaining his status as president and managing general partner If the judge approves it do you think X will ignore it? What will they gain by defying a court order? It will just be more fuel on the law suit fire.
Thought you didn't want to be an equity partner? FedEx will tell you to work it out without them involved or the routes go to another contractor.

bbsam

Staff member
I think X will view it the way they would view drivers organizing. They would separate themselves from both of you and move on.

bacha29

x required: " a corporation in good standing" Therefore if the corporation as organized and financed is "in good standing" from a state law and IRS perspective and if X were to terminate the new guys contract simply due to restructuring even though all aspects and provisions as set forth are in full compliance and therefore "in good standing" itwould prove conclusively and reaffirm what I've been telling you all along. It simply does not consider and single term or condition in it's unilaterally drafted and implemented contract to be binding upon itself. The guy who has the route is thinking about selling out and then paying me off. He has had enough time to see what ISP is going to be like in a depressed rural area and he doesn't see much of a future working under the ISP rules Makes good sense. In a country with a per capita income of $ 52,000, in my area it's $16,000 leaving a county official in my county to describe the situation as " a culture of poverty". We're shutting down schools, hospitals ,power plants but X is a NATIONWIDE carrier and somebody has to service those areas and it's not an easy task in the face of a local and regional economy that does not freely lend itself to that endevor.

It will be fine

I like that "bachabounty".
Makes me think of MechaGodzilla.
Bacha, you are so long winded. You can setup a corp however you want to, any shareholders you want. If you try to force your way into a corporation with the intent to sell off your route again against the desire of the fedex recognized contractor, they will tell you to get lost.
Your bad decisions are impressive. Sold your route to a guy that couldn't even come up with the down payment or make any of the installment payments. You gave a loan to guy about to lose everything he had and, shocker, he didn't pay you back. Want to send me some cash? I won't pay you back either.

bacha29

It was either take the offer or turn in my ticket and the route would have been free to anybody who wanted it. You can say all the glib and caustic remarks you want. It's just a testament to your own ignorance. In fact I CHALLENGE you to take on the demographics I operated in and see if you can do any better. As I explained to you no one else wanted the route because they knew that it would require a full time supplemental making it what it is now an unprofitable route. I did however get part of the down paymentand several months of installments. It was not a bad decision . It was a no win decision no matter which one I chose. Now you can sit up there where I think you are and that is the Boston metropolitian area with population in the millions. In 1960 my largest incorporated borough had a populaton of 16,000. Today it's 5900. Having a growing metro area to serve and people working for you for peanuts doesn't give you the right to stand in judgement of how the other did things based on your experiences in that metro area. A duly elected district judge will if neccesary will the decide my fate . Unfortunately, Fedex in the end will decide yours.

Bounty

It was either take the offer or turn in my ticket and the route would have been free to anybody who wanted it. You can say all the glib and caustic remarks you want. It's just a testament to your own ignorance. In fact I CHALLENGE you to take on the demographics I operated in and see if you can do any better. As I explained to you no one else wanted the route because they knew that it would require a full time supplemental making it what it is now an unprofitable route. I did however get part of the down paymentand several months of installments. It was not a bad decision . It was a no win decision no matter which one I chose. Now you can sit up there where I think you are and that is the Boston metropolitian area with population in the millions. In 1960 my largest incorporated borough had a populaton of 16,000. Today it's 5900. Having a growing metro area to serve and people working for you for peanuts doesn't give you the right to stand in judgement of how the other did things based on your experiences in that metro area. A duly elected district judge will if neccesary will the decide my fate . Unfortunately, Fedex in the end will decide yours.
Like I said iwbf core zip code is fantasy island!!

bacha29

Thanks Bounty, Let's see what iwbf can do in a place where I operated. There's nothing out here except rednecks rocks and rattlesnakes. Every place you went you saw the same thing. Half the town's on Social Security and the other half's on relief.The majority of the roads unpaved many with poor drainage that spend most of the winter frozen over.His demographics matches what the business model was designed for. Mine were the complete opposite.

FedGT

Maybe some of us could have done more with it probably not. The big key to that is we would never have gotten in to that particular route in the first place.
When I was looking at buying routes I talked to 2 desperate contractors that wanted to sell me rural routes, one a single contractor and one a multi. I looked at both of their numbers and said screw that.