Fedex, UPS Workers Going To Work Sick

MassWineGuy

This was published March 21st.

Have UPS and FedEx workers asked if they lose their jobs if they need time off for being ill? I did. We don’t lose our job. At least at my station, they’re happy if you are sick and stay home.

dmac1

This was published March 21st.

Have UPS and FedEx workers asked if they lose their jobs if they need time off for being ill? I did. We don’t lose our job. At least at my station, they’re happy if you are sick and stay home.

Problem is that you can be a carrier for close to 4 weeks and not know it, and one of your coworkers could be one of those who die when they catch it from you. They've just found that the virus can possibly live on hard surfaces for up to 27 days, up from 17 days, that the virus can be spread simply by breathing, not just contact or through coughing, and they've found asymptomatic people contagious for at least 25 days in some cases, in addition to animals catching the virus from one person and potentially be able to spread it to other people.

One contagious worker who shows no symptoms can infect an entire terminal. In this case, just having obviously sick people stay home is not enough. In fact, in ensures a longer period of expanding the spread.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Problem is that you can be a carrier for close to 4 weeks and not know it, and one of your coworkers could be one of those who die when they catch it from you. They've just found that the virus can possibly live on hard surfaces for up to 27 days, up from 17 days, that the virus can be spread simply by breathing, not just contact or through coughing, and they've found asymptomatic people contagious for at least 25 days in some cases, in addition to animals catching the virus from one person and potentially be able to spread it to other people.

One contagious worker who shows no symptoms can infect an entire terminal. In this case, just having obviously sick people stay home is not enough. In fact, in ensures a longer period of expanding the spread.
Are you aware that the purpose of social distancing isn't to contain the spread of the virus, but to slow the spread so that it doesn't overwhelm our medical system? Eventually, virtually everyone will be exposed to this virus, and will either survive, or not. Hopefully, when that happens, you can be admitted to a hospital when necessary, and your odds of surviving will improve.

doodlebug

Five of us took off till next month. I have two weeks of vacation in May, deciding if I'll go back till June ... awww nah, I'm out.

Taking vacation, FH, PD, sick days then Bye Felicia. Taking a small cut, since I'm only 58, but I'd like to live as long as my grandmother ... 97.