FedEx wins reprieve in Senate bill

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
FedEx wins reprieve in Senate bill - The Bill

Senate Democrats have spared Federal Express, for the time being, from a labor-backed provision that would give a big boost to its rival, the United Parcel Service (UPS).

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization bill being debated on the Senate floor does not include language that would make it easier for unions to organize workers at FedEx.

barnyard

KTM rider
Evidently not enough if the language is added back into the bill when it is in conference.

I wonder if it is added, how long before a separate bill is written and passed that either overturns the amendment or gives FedEx 5 years protection from unionizing.

In the end, I would not be surprised to see an amendment come out of conference (good for Democrats), but I see some other legislation negating it (good for Republicans.)

TB

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If the language re-classifying FedEx under the NLRA isn't written back into the final version, I'd have to wonder if Fred hasn't been working some of his "green magic" with politicians. I've got letters out to members of the Transportation Committee and to Oberstar himself, but I'm just small potatoes, and have not received any responses yet.