Feeder Bitching

bluehdmc

it seems like they throw every obstacle they can so you will get out late. they dispatch you with a tractor that is not washed or fueled. they never hold the drivers accountable for that. the loads are not ready and/or secured. they don't hold the building people accountable for that. then you have to go to the shop to have something fixed on the trailer because the previous driver did not do a post trip and if they did were too lazy to green tag it. again, they don't hold anyone accountable.

and you get this at the outbound phone " why are you getting out late?????????"

it's enough to make you scream.

all we can do is the best we can. it hasn't changed one iota in 25 years and perhaps never will. if the general public knew goes on around here , would we still be one of the "most admired companies?"

You forgot the 5 minutes you had to wait while another driver "shoehorned" a 53' trailer into a spot in a yard designed for 40 footers.

My standard answer for "reason for the delay?" anymore is "traffic".

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
With the squeeze always being put on outbound areas to wrap up as early as possible to avoid OT and the lack of appeal of supervision for anyone but an acne-ridden 19 year old, it creates the perfect storm for what Dracula described.

Hourlies get screamed at to hurry up and finish and PT sups that haven't finished puberty yet don't understand the problem with an unsecured load - probably explains why a lot of them have kids on their ****ty health insurance, to boot. ZING!

over9five

Staff member
I thought all feeder drivers had to bitch about were the donuts not being ready on time. :rofl:
That's just wrong!

We also complain about the tractor seats being uncomfortable.
We complain when someone steals the pillow and blanket from the tractor.
We complain when we don't get enough central sort. (that's downtime!)

Don't forget the complaint that only so many 2013 Kennworth tractors came in and some of the lower seniority people have to drive 2012 Macks.

brett636

Your lucky if the slips are in the pouch, if there is a pouch.

Or if there is a pouch, and your load is somewhere out in the yard and not in the building its placed over halfway up the wall of the trailer requiring you to climb up into the trailer to get it.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
What pisses me off is when it's raining, and *&^% part time sup sticks the hazmat pouch with the seal control on the left hand taillight. Which then promptly fills up with water, forcing me to either go back to the sup and get a new seal control, or going by dispatch, where the cut the old seal off, inspect the load, then reseal the trailer.
Last night, I went with the very full hazmat pouch, found the sup, and poured the water on his shoes. He got mad, to which I told him he was late, that I was already mad, and getting madder by the second. He refused to make another seal, and I refused to pull the loads. Feeder manager finally was called, and he forced the sup to make the seal..........

I won't rub it in that CACH is a closed door building. Hub opens and closes all doors. Drivers just go inside for he paperwork. Then you can just drag a sup over to fix their mistakes without getting wet.

bluehdmc

That's just wrong!

We also complain about the tractor seats being uncomfortable.
We complain when someone steals the pillow and blanket from the tractor.
We complain when we don't get enough central sort. (that's downtime!)

We're told not to use central sort anymore. Now it's "late trailer delay".

outta hours

We're told not to use central sort anymore. Now it's "late trailer delay".[/QUOTE]

They tell us to use other work,"unassigned". Previous to that it was "shifting" or "wash".

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Miss the good old days when we had hydraulic landing legs !! Peak is now hell with the extra loads and all that cranking !! we don't even get a helper !!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We're told not to use central sort anymore. Now it's "late trailer delay".

They tell us to use other work,"unassigned". Previous to that it was "shifting" or "wash".[/QUOTE]

It's no different than when we were package car drivers, and they tried telling us to sheet up missed packages as NI. My sups do the opposite. They tell me to take central sort when the sort is already down and I'm hooking up.