feeder qualifications

mrbrowntown

i heard someone talking about making it thru feeder qualifications, what would this consist of? what is needed to qualify and make it official?

RolloTony Brown Town

i heard someone talking about making it thru feeder qualifications, what would this consist of? what is needed to qualify and make it official?

If you have a Class A with doubles and express interest...

Road test
Employment application (even if you are already employed)
DOT card (even if you have one)
Drug test

Then 80 hours training (40 non productive, 40 productive)

you need to demonstrate that you can perform a complete and thorough Pretrip of your equipment.

you need to be able to demonstrate that you understand space and visibility (not necessarily by reciting it, more so by showing it)

Most drivers don’t have an issue with getting through 80 hour trains. You have someone coaching you through it. Basically if you had the ability to get your license and you’re willing to learn then you’ll be fine.

ManInBrown

Different everywhere. You’re not going to get solid advice without asking someone in your local. Here they send us to an outside school. They train us to and then take us to DMV to get the license. I’ve read other feeder drivers on here say all the training happens at the hub by on roads.

Siveriano

On 177 all you need is to put your transfer, then whatever Building that gets it will pay for your school/license then you get 2 weeks (80 hours) with a SUP babysitting you.
Im on my day 3 and already did a 3 hour drive (6 RT) and built and took apart 4 sets.

ManInBrown

It’s depends on locals. Here You Go to DMV and have to pass all online tests to obtain permit. Once you get permit, they send you to an outside feeder school for two weeks of training. The feeder school takes you to DMV to acquire your license. Once you get your license and get the call to come to feeders they’re stuck with you. You cannot be disqualified. The only way anyone goes back to package here, is if that person chooses to go back and decides feeders isn’t for them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Does UPS pay for the CLP (learner's permit) ?? here in Jersey is $125 to get a CLP
They don't pay for it in DC/Maryland/Virginia. $125 sounds pretty steep though, I don't remember it being anywhere near that much.
*edit- just checked, a learner's permit is only $3 here, ya'll gettin robbed up there in jersey.