Vacations RCPD to feeder

PreloaderLA562

Hey guys I’m currently an RPCD in SoCal, was thinking about going feeder soon but have a fully paid for vacation coming up in August that I already have 2 weeks of vacation scheduled for. When you go feeder do you have to repick your vacations immediately or do they honor your vacations you already have selected?

OrionIsDaddy

Honestly going to be up to the manager in most cases. If they are available I’m sure that you’ll get them, but if the week is booked out plan on working.

Seniority rules…even in your new classification.

In my local in the west when you change classifications - vacation is paid out and you start fresh with 0

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Hey guys I’m currently an RPCD in SoCal, was thinking about going feeder soon but have a fully paid for vacation coming up in August that I already have 2 weeks of vacation scheduled for. When you go feeder do you have to repick your vacations immediately or do they honor your vacations you already have selected?
See if you can use it for training week cause you ain’t getting paid

Tanktoptony

They usually honor the vacations already selected if you are already a package car driver and aren’t moving from part time to full time. I’m in the west and if it’s already been scheduled it’s kept the same.

Johney

Here once you get feeder qualified you finished your package vacations then picked from the feeder vacation list the next year even if you stayed in package the next year.

Honestly going to be up to the manager in most cases. If they are available I’m sure that you’ll get them, but if the week is booked out plan on working.

Seniority rules…even in your new classification.

In my local in the west when you change classifications - vacation is paid out and you start fresh with 0
As far as I knew that's only PT to FT in the western language.

ManInBrown

You shouldn’t. If you’ve picked vacation in package and transferred to feeders whatever you picked will stand the first year.

ManInBrown

All depends on local language. It can vary by supplement, rider, or even local feeder work rules.
Agree but I don’t see how it could be denied. The vacations were picked. It’s not a PT to FT situation. I forget how it worked when I went to feeders. I think a few days after I started I told them what weeks I was off. And I actually had a trip planned and had unpaid days off approved in package and feeders honored those as well.