Feeder question

chris9834

OK so I went to school the 1st 2 weeks of February I haven't been called to come in to drive since I am completely qualified to drive I passed everything on the 1st go, it started out they were saying it will be a month wait then a month turned into another month and another and so on. Now were almost 5 months out with a measely 2 week school that I honestly can say I don't remember jack smile* about because of no behind the road experience. Is this a normal thing I know it can be like that in package I can see that some what its just like driving a car but more big, but we are talking three times the weight and its a combination vehicle and longer. Also is there any recourse I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex from what I am hearing they were expecting more work to come to my building and instead it was moved else where. They also did 30-40 street hires for feeders in a neighboring building since I have been on the waiting list and I still see swift trailers in our yard. Thanks for reading.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'd talk to your business agent about filing a grievance to get into the neighboring building. When they have feeder school here, those drivers go straight into feeders. There is no wait period. Considering how brief UPS's feeder school training is, it is downright ignorant of them to train you and not put you to work immediately.

But then, this is UPS. And doing ignorant things...well, you know.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You will start learning things once you get out there by yourself... Most drivers are more than happy to answer a question or show you what to do if you get in a pinch....much more helpful than some of the mester pkg car drivers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'd talk to your business agent about filing a grievance to get into the neighboring building. When they have feeder school here, those drivers go straight into feeders. There is no wait period. Considering how brief UPS's feeder school training is, it is downright ignorant of them to train you and not put you to work immediately.

I thought 2.5 weeks wasn't even close to the amount of training you need considering the last 3 or 4 days was preparing for the Cdl test

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are you sure those swift guys are just zone skipper gypos??? Ups hiring 40 feeder drivers off the street??? Not sure about that one...

chris9834

Are you sure those swift guys are just zone skipper gypos??? Ups hiring 40 feeder drivers off the street??? Not sure about that one...
Idc what swift is doing. Yep 30 to 40 when I was in training on road told me my last day of training that he had to go to the neighboring bldg to train a day 1 driver on his rte that the company hired of the street.

Busta Brown

I'm a seasonal feeder driver came out the hub part time and was wondering do I have a chance of ever getting a permanent position because other drivers told me that the permanent poisons go to package car drivers and not part timers

govols019

You smell that?
That doesn't answer his question.

Full-time feeder jobs are bid to full-time employees first and if they can't get enough people through the full-time ranks it then goes to partime employees. That's how it works here.

SnowCitizen

I'm a seasonal feeder driver came out the hub part time and was wondering do I have a chance of ever getting a permanent position because other drivers told me that the permanent poisons go to package car drivers and not part timers

You started a thread asking the same thing in February, and you got very good replies from hondo that were specific to your work location. Did you forget?

Indecisi0n

We have one of those types in our feeder department...In the last year he's ran one tractor out of fuel and another one out of antifreeze.

Just a matter of time until he hurts someone.
Do you guys have fill sites on grounds? All tractors gas ? I couldn't imagine trying to pull one into a public station but I have seen it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I don't think you know what ignorant means.