Feeder School

raceanoncr

Thanks raceanoncr very good advice! BTW, 1st gear??? Too funny! I don't think I've used 1st in 18 years, my clutch either for that matter!

That's sumthin else I forgot. Yes, you WILL have to double-clutch. Difficult, yes, but "The UPS Way", remember. Until you pass, that is. After I achieved more safe driving years than the supes were alive, I just announced on my annual ride that I ain't using clutch, never have, never will.

I almost got dinged on not turning around and looking out back window when hooking. I said do what you want but I've had cervical fusion and ain't gonna crane my neck around just for that. Informed him that before I came to UPS, I drove trucks with no back window, I drove 5 years of UPS sleeper with no back window, so I think I can judge height of trailer/fifth wheel without breaking my neck to look out back win.

anonymousupsman

I'm thinking Seattle, Portland areas.
For the Portland area going into feeder, if you already have a CDL, your feeder school is only two weeks long instead of three. You still must go through the UPS portion of the classes and have a production and nonproduction week. The third week is for people who don't have CDL's yet, wanting to get theirs through the company.

Source: I did this. Okay?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For the Portland area going into feeder, if you already have a CDL, your feeder school is only two weeks long instead of three. You still must go through the UPS portion of the classes and have a production and nonproduction week. The third week is for people who don't have CDL's yet, wanting to get theirs through the company.

Source: I did this. Okay?

Why do you insist on bumping ANY thread dealing with feeders that's been dead for months? Are you that excited to have made it to the Q list??

anonymousupsman

Why do you insist on bumping ANY thread dealing with feeders that's been dead for months? Are you that excited to have made it to the Q list??
Why do you care? I'm just answering questions for people because people like you insist on posting pointless stuff on threads that don't have anything to do with the post.
I'm just helping out where I can. That's all.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why do you care? I'm just answering questions for people because people like you insist on posting pointless stuff on threads that don't have anything to do with the post.
I'm just helping out where I can. That's all.

You're not answering RELEVANT questions. They've all been dead for 6 months. Like me replying to a question from four years ago. Yes, you're answering it, but nobody has asked it in months

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was paid for both weeks.

I don't use the clutch either except to start to go and reverse. never learned to double clutch which is what they want you to do around here. "I want you to double clutch thru the gears." OK, I try a couple times with the tractor bucking and hopping and very awkward. after 2-3 tries the supe tells me "go ahead and shift your way." funny as hell.

even with your 18 years experience you will learn a lot of good safe driving methods with UPS.