Feeders impacted by new contract?

Alamo Joe

Anyone think feeder drivers will see any impact from the new contract as far as hours go? I imagine a lot of RPCDs will be seeing their hours cut or routes slashed on Monday's.

ManInBrown

What do package routes being cut on Mondays, have to do with feeders? No, zero impact in the 177, at least for this contract. Who knows with the next one.

ManInBrown

I wouldn't count on it.
The company has been given a free pass to use subcontractors for the entire length of this agreement.
Maybe where you are. Not in the 177. The first day 1 coyote pulls one load during peak every single feeder driver can demand to max out that week. It’s such a beautiful thing. Whether work is available or not. Doesn’t matter, we sit in the break room twittling our thumbs.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Maybe where you are. Not in the 177. The first day 1 coyote pulls one load during peak every single feeder driver can demand to max out that week. It’s such a beautiful thing. Whether work is available or not. Doesn’t matter, we sit in the break room twittling our thumbs.

He was asking about new feeder spots opening up.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
when they subcontract rail loads it will eliminate all work to and from the rail yard.
i expect a hiring freeze in the short term until they max out subcontracted loads.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
when they subcontract rail loads it will eliminate all work to and from the rail yard.
i expect a hiring freeze in the short term until they max out subcontracted loads.

You really think this is gonna be just rail work going to sleepers?

brostalss

They have been hiring heavy for feeders the last few years and I don’t see that slowing down for next year either....

Been a hiring frenzy in my local. I went Feeder in April. Already about 60 guys below me. I came in at the perfect time. Looking forward to Peak this year in Feeder.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Been a hiring frenzy in my local. I went Feeder in April. Already about 60 guys below me. I came in at the perfect time. Looking forward to Peak this year in Feeder.
That’s a good place to be in... congratulations... you will actually somewhat enjoy your first peak in feeder....especially when you see the guys in your old center working 70 hours and rolling in at 930 every night...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You really think this is gonna be just rail work going to sleepers?
We have a deep backup list so they better find work for all those guys/gals before they start bringing in coyotes to run loads....we take that very seriously here and don’t play when it comes to subcontractors!!

over9five

Staff member
We have a deep backup list so they better find work for all those guys/gals before they start bringing in coyotes to run loads....we take that very seriously here and don’t play when it comes to subcontractors!!
We play here big-time. There are more of them (Gypsies) than us...