Feeling underappreciated

clean hairy

If you have something to do don’t rely on management to help you leave early, use an entitlement day or call in.
They do reverse of what you ask for.
You want more hours? They will give you short days.
You want to leave early 1 day? They will load you up with extra work.
Just ask for the opposite of what you want!

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Around here drivers get a little more than part timers but feeder gets treated like royalty, BBQs 2 times a week LOL

Your feeder guys are lucky then. They cut our weekly feeder safety pizza party when the negotiations for the new contract started. It never came back. Now they are consolidating feeder jobs in our area.

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
If there are people newer than you, friend it! pull the seniority card, if the sups think you dont care, they will take advantage of that. tell your sup that you have seniority over people that are being sent home before you, and if the sup does not fix the issue, file for seniority violation.

trickpony1

If there are people newer than you, friend it! pull the seniority card, if the sups think you dont care, they will take advantage of that. tell your sup that you have seniority over people that are being sent home before you, and if the sup does not fix the issue, file for seniority violation.

A seniority list is a fairly simple concept:
-it has a top;
-it has a bottom;
-it doesn't have a left and;
-it doesn't have a right.

But for some reason, management chooses to ignore it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
More like work a 14 hour day and get screamed at and a warning letter for not turning in a call tag u left in the truck ...
I got my first warning letter ,, peak ‘89’
I did 375 stops picked up a call tag , forgot to sign it off in the book ,,, right then , I realized I was in for a loooong ride here !!

MrBates

Im new to BrownCafe, I have been working at UPS since November 2018 and started as a Driver Helper, then moved into the hub as a unloader on Twilight shift. I worked hard, but I think im suffering from it due to the fact that now I am receiving more hard work every week. While other unloaders even newer then me go home early. I have always been the first in and last out. I havent missed work or been late while they have. I asked before memorial day to leave an hour early to go to a party. I was still the last to leave, due to the fact that we were understaffed because of call outs. I honestly want some slack, I like my supervisor but hes not realizing the unfairness me and 2 other co workers are feeling. When I show up and work hard its so I can leave early, not because i want more work. I wish he'd let me go early and just get the lazy/absent workers to finish the last truck.

Work at a pace that's safe and comfortable for you. It's the managers job to get the most out of his employees. We are just numbers to these people, so if you want to go home early, pull the seniority card. If you need more hours and want to work overtime, pull the seniority card. They can't do anything to you if you always show up for work, are on time, and you work safe, so pick up your balls off the floor, screw them on tight, and unleash the inner teamster.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Bad news for you: UPS is in the money making business, and you are the flesh-based machine they use to do it. If you’re working faster and harder than your coworkers, you’re the one your supervisors are going to ride to boost their numbers. If you don’t like it, slow down.
they always whip the best horse the hardest.