Ferguson Missouri

oldngray

nowhere special
I think he was joking about St. Louis. Appears to be his hometown. I'm not a fan of protesters, they sometimes block streets, vandalize property, and turn violent. So I'm usually a non supporter myself. That's how they affect me.

What was the point of attacking the mayor's house anyway? He had nothing to do with the acquittal and was usually one of their supporters.

Rioting and mayhem is not protesting.

refineryworker05

I think he was joking about St. Louis. Appears to be his hometown. I'm not a fan of protesters, they sometimes block streets, vandalize property, and turn violent. So I'm usually a non supporter myself. That's how they affect me.

It's so funny to wish death on people and call them retards. Smh.

Who cares if you are a non supporter of protesting. There has never been any protest movement for the civil rights of black Americans, that wasn't despised and hated by most white Americans. So this response historically is par for the course.

But again to me the only question to ask is what is a person's stake in being against a particular protest movement? These protesters are protesting police violence and mistreatment that goes unpunished and which directly impacts their lives, and those in opposition are whining about black on black crime or rioting or bluelives matter. Irrelevant :censored2:.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's so funny to wish death on people and call them retards. Smh.

Who cares if you are a non supporter of protesting. There has never been any protest movement for the civil rights of black Americans, that wasn't despised and hated by most white Americans. So this response historically is par for the course.

But again to me the only question to ask is what is a person's stake in being against a particular protest movement? These protesters are protesting police violence and mistreatment that goes unpunished and which directly impacts their lives, and those in opposition are whining about black on black crime or rioting or bluelives matter. Irrelevant shyt.
Personally, based on the couple dozen protests that have affected me, the police should have beaten down half of them. Especially WTO.

refineryworker05

Personally, based on the couple dozen protests that have affected me, the police should have beaten down half of them. Especially WTO.

Well, that's a stance for state violence against protestors. Smh.
History is instructive here, MLK and other members of civil rights movements are always characterized as criminals, trouble makers who are causing violence, property damage and either trying to fix a problem that's already been solved or going about trying to solve the problem the wrong way.

MLK was called part of a Negro Goon Squad. Again the opinion that black people standing for civil rights are criminals who deserve violence from the state is an old and common belief. It is the reaction most white citizens have always had in response to civil rights demands from black Americans. It is the same old same old.

In the end, what you have is a police officer kills a man under very questionable circumstances with an illegal weapon in a place where plenty of citizens have had very negative interactions with police which is apart of a longstanding issue for those citizens.

Either one cares about that issue and sees it as a problem worth being angry about, worth causing disruption or one thinks "those people" get what they deserve. To me this is what it boils down to how people respond to the protests if they are honest with themselves.

Mass protest movements are how human beings have traditionally tried to organize in society. It's how they have caused action legislatively or socially.