Retirement Estimator/Calculator

Retirement Estimator.
On the UPSers.com website under the Retirement Estimator tool, we have the option to input a ‘single’ or ‘multiple’ retirement monthly benefit scenarios.
After inputting the data in the ‘multiple’ option, you will see in the disclaimer that the ‘monthly benefit amounts do not reflect the latest collective bargaining agreement.’
Is this website accurate?
If those are accurate amounts, then why the disclaimer?
I did not get a definitive answer from UPS or UPS retirement.

One day at a time

Retirement Estimator.
On the UPSers.com website under the Retirement Estimator tool, we have the option to input a ‘single’ or ‘multiple’ retirement monthly benefit scenarios.
After inputting the data in the ‘multiple’ option, you will see in the disclaimer that the ‘monthly benefit amounts do not reflect the latest collective bargaining agreement.’
I found it to be very accurate

Retirement Estimator.
So you waited 5 years to make your first post?

Max Headroom

Just for liability reasons. Sometimes they can be off by a few dollars. I’ve heard of them catching it and correcting it in people’s favor giving them more money at a later date retroactively and also taking it away in the same scenario.

oldngray

nowhere special
When I started thinking about retiring I used the calculator/email and mailed in forms and both came back identical and when I sent everything in with my final date it all was right on, which really shocked me as screwed up as this place is.
They admit it is only an estimate. Which is stupid since they should easily be able to calculate it exactly. Mine was close but was off a couple of dollars.

ManInBrown

The one thing I noticed and I’m still a ways from retirement but why is there a lump sum amount you can take when you retire? Why would anyone do that?