Ferocious dog problem.

GatoBrown

hi i just started cover driving, I was wondering what some of you veterans do for any dog problems. Besides carrying dog treats.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I just skirt around them cautiously and don't take my eyes off of them. I also keep either the package or DIAD ready to put between me and him if I have to. The smaller ones you can just punt. If it comes down to it though you can just bag the package and leave it in the driveway or wherever you can, putting something about the dog in Remarks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You posted this in the management forum. Try ups discussions.

You really have to watch the management type when its owner beats up on it before you get in. Vicious cycle indeed!

man-yelling-at-dog-small.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All dogs get a notice on the mailbox where I'm at. I'm not putting myself or the dog in a situation that's potentially harmful to either. If you order a package and choose to leave your dog out, you choose to have a info notice on the mailbox.

Side note on treats; the route I recently bid to, the former driver gave out treats, she gave a dog a treat, turned her back, same dog bit the driver on the calf.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
If the situation makes you feel uncomfortable, don't get out of you package car. Honk....LOUDLY. If they do not come out to get it. Don't deliver, Leave area and NOTIFY Supervisor of a potential animal threat. Have them call customer and make arrangements with consignee for delivery. Either they will contain their animal or offer a safe delivery location.
If they happen to say reattempt and the same dog is a problem, take it back into clerk and tell them to post card it and request the consignee come and get it at the center.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Deliver the package anyway. Toss it on the porch from the sidewalk. I once delivered a package to a house with a fence. Little yappy crap dog ate the hell out of that box. I was dying laughing, the customer didn't find it quite as amusing

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the situation makes you feel uncomfortable, don't get out of you package car. Honk....LOUDLY. If they do not come out to get it. Don't deliver, Leave area and NOTIFY Supervisor of a potential animal threat. Have them call customer and make arrangements with consignee for delivery. Either they will contain their animal or offer a safe delivery location.
If they happen to say reattempt and the same dog is a problem, take it back into clerk and tell them to post card it and request the consignee come and get it at the center.
I agree don't get out but why wouldn't you deliver it if you're there.

Bag it open door and drop it.

Box Ox

I sheet as Not In 1-3 and note the dog in remarks. If I put a residential package anywhere other than a door or porch it becomes an open invitation for a customer complaint and a spanking from management.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I keep a couple of dog biscuits in my shirt pocket.

There have been several times when an aggressive dog has charged at me, barking and snarling, only to stop dead in its tracks in order to eat the biscuit I threw at it.

If it doesnt stop for the biscuit and I wind up having to kick and stomp the crap out of it, the biscuit is evidence that I at least tried to avoid using violence against the dog.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I agree don't get out but why wouldn't you deliver it if you're there.

Bag it open door and drop it.

It's about making it inconvenient for the consignee. If they are not going to make the delivery easy the they can go to the center and get it. Maybe then they will have better understanding of securing their animal