Fess up to a guilty pleasure...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Its 100 degrees outside and my guilty pleasure is setting my AC so cold that I can practically see my breath fogging up. When its this hot I want frosty windows. I want to piss thru half an inch of ice in the toilet bowl. I spend all week working in it, I want to spend at least one day in total comfort looking out the window at it.When I can see the heat waves coming off of the pavement, I want to be sitting on the couch under a blanket.
Agreed...sometimes the best part of my day is going home and not sweating for a few hours..lol

wayfair

swollen member
UPDATE:

About 7 hours after I posted this, on Saturday evening, Murphys Law happened and a capacitor in my AC compressor burned out. Yesterday was a bit cooler and barely tolerable but today it got up in the high 90's and by 3:00 it was 83 and unbearably muggy inside my house. I have never been so happy to fork over $280 as I was today to the AC repairman, especially since my poor wife is home with the flu. There is no frost on my windows or ice in my toilet bowl yet, but its down to 71 and getting cooler by the hour.

holy eff man.. you got raped

capacitors are maybe 20 bucks max

oldngray

nowhere special
Its 100 degrees outside and my guilty pleasure is setting my AC so cold that I can practically see my breath fogging up. When its this hot I want frosty windows. I want to piss thru half an inch of ice in the toilet bowl. I spend all week working in it, I want to spend at least one day in total comfort looking out the window at it.When I can see the heat waves coming off of the pavement, I want to be sitting on the couch under a blanket.

One time my A/C compressor quit working and I was about to call a repairman but looked at it first. It was just a $5 fuse where the central air unit connected to house wiring that I replaced myself.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
holy eff man.. you got raped

capacitors are maybe 20 bucks max
When you add in the diagnostic time, labor, and $4 a gallon to fill up a one-ton van, there's no such thing as a $20 service call for a licensed HVAC technician. His time alone is worth $75 an hour minimum.

wayfair

swollen member
When you add in the diagnostic time, labor, and $4 a gallon to fill up a one-ton van, there's no such thing as a $20 service call for a licensed HVAC technician. His time alone is worth $75 an hour minimum.

youtube is free

BTW I do have a heat and air guy... and learned quick what they charge and what the easiest things that go out on A/c systems

capacitors are the most common problems with A/c units, well other than cleaning out the fins/foils

capacitors take a max of 15 minutes to change out

soberups

One time my A/C compressor quit working and I was about to call a repairman but looked at it first. It was just a $5 fuse where the central air unit connected to house wiring that I replaced myself.
Thats pretty much all I know how to do on mine, I replaced both of them and they just blew when I turned it back on.

soberups

This time of year, I like walking out to my garden, picking a big, ripe, juicy tomato...and eating it like an apple.

soberups

On the first Monday morning of my 3 week vacation, I like to keep my alarm set for 6:00AM so that when it goes off I can wake up and immediately bask in the joy of not having to go in to work before falling asleep again.

The best sleep we ever get is the sleep that happens after we turn off the alarm clock in the morning.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This time of year, I like walking out to my garden, picking a big, ripe, juicy tomato...and eating it like an apple.
We have tomatoes galore from only 3 plants. We give them to neighbors, golf course friends, etc.

We only use them fresh......in different ways. I like a big slice on a toasted bagel, cream cheese, tomato slice, diced onion and lemon pepper......or just chopped up with cucumber and onion and your favorite Italian dressing.

"Goliath" is the kind we get.....one slice fits the hamburger bun perfectly. Great breed, type, species ??

Griff

Premium cigars.

Not sure if that even qualifies because I don't feel guilty at all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Its 93 degrees outside, and I am sitting on my couch watching "Adam-12" on TV with the A/C set at 67 while my dog sleeps on my lap. I spent an exhausting 6 hours salmon fishing on a charter boat this morning, so I need to rest and recuperate. After "Adam-12" is over there will be an hour of "Emergency" to watch, followed by "M*A*S*H", "Happy Days" and "Gilligans Island." We have a cable station that is showing reruns of all the classics that I used to watch 40 years ago after school. My big dilemma right now is whether to have a pizza or Chinese food delivered. Vacations an be brutal!