You smell that?
Really?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230728-004230_edited.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230728-004230_edited.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 33

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Is it true the west won’t be getting any pension contributions in this contract to allow the central and east coast states to catch up?

This is what the word is that we are getting no increases.. Supposed to be a meeting with the local next week.

Generally the Pension and the Health and Welfare hourly increases are listed. I saw the monetary contributions for Health and Welfare are locked in at (.50) an hour a year for the next 5 years..20 dollars a week..with this TA..

I do not see anything about hourly increases in anyone’s pension plans, even UPS’s defined pension plans, like the IBT/UPS pension fund or the UPS Pension Plan for their part timers.

I looked up some info on the previous 2018-2023 pension increases and it was listed at (a dollar an hour) each year for those 5 Years..

Another figure thrown out there was that UPS contributes 23,000 dollars a year into every full timers pension fund, that is a fallacy.

I remember from the last Contract a newsletter from the International listing the weekly monetary contributions that UPS was paying into Western’s pension fund I might still have that, but I believe that the final 2023 contributions were listed as being over (500 dollars) a week, the same total contribution as our Health and Welfare plans.

The future growth for the Western is almost a guarantee…the final weekly contribution rate will be the same, there will be new younger participants every year and your part timers are contributing to your plan also, unlike the UPS/IBT and other pension plans.

So relax you guys will always have the best pension benefits by far…

Last edited:

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
You know something, with all the days I've taken off over the years I very well may have only worked about 20 years. Especially the last few years where I've worked 1-2 days a week most of the year. I think I've been taking a lot of days off for at least 12 years or more.

I'll be leaving relatively soon I'd assume, that'll be my call. But the job has been my playground for many many years and I sort of have my own little set of rules and perks there buddy.

I mainly loved it for always having a bumper crop of nice young ladies 20-30 years younger than me to toy around with.
And of course without getting too in depth with anything, maybe.....just maybe......I kept it to show some legitimate income to offset other things one can be involved in.

I'm also highly considering sticking around just a wee bit longer and blowing up all my credit one last time before quitting.....and either getting a lot of stuff I want or buying and selling it off, and then file a BK7 for the 3rd time. BK's are so damn lax that I personally use them as sort of an investment tool. Hate to do it again as I'm back up to an 817 score now....but that is basically only fiction and I can get it back up again if need be. But if you have CASH no worries.....doesn't matter.
Because you see, if you do it the right way they won't come after your possessions, and if not retired they don't touch your 401K or pension in waiting. I don't really have anything in my name and keep stuff in my brothers or moms. Trust me in that I have played the game enough times.

Best time is when I had a property I bought years ago that wasn't moving up in value. It was at the height of all the robo signings and heavy amount of backlogged foreclosures around 2008 or so.
I stayed up late after work a few times studying up on Strategic Defaults and such on my own...... didn't hire a lawyer for anything. And come to find out that if you reside in a judicial state vs. non-judicial they can't just have your butt tossed out on the street in short notice. I live in a judicial state. ;)

So I stopped making payments on my home and just kept all utilities current and went and bought myself a newer safe to stack more cash in. Last payment I made was April of 2010, and if I had to guess my foreclosure came up on the docket perhaps 3 years later. I whacked it immediately with a BK7 and it stopped the whole process in its tracks and pushed me to the back of the line again.
Finally went thru the system again and I received a notice of final day to be out and had a sale date or whatever on there. Also got some "CASH FOR KEYS" money on the way out because they didn't want me to destroy the place I suppose.

Long story short I lived there for FREE from May of 2010 til mid December of 2014. One can save a lot and invest or do whatever with money not having a mortgage payment for 4 1/2 years.

So nice try on the lame put down attempt as I probably worked no more than 20 years myself. I'm an open book and don't sweat :censored2:, and certainly don't sweat you.

Adios
Sounds like Florida.

Generally the Pension and the Health and Welfare hourly increases are listed. I saw the monetary contributions for Health and Welfare are locked in at (.50) an hour a year for the next 5 years..20 dollars a week..with this TA..

I do not see anything about hourly increases in anyone’s pension plans, even UPS’s defined pension plans, like the IBT/UPS pension fund or the UPS Pension Plan for their part timers.

I looked up some info on the previous 2018-2023 pension increases and it was listed at (a dollar an hour) each year for those 5 Years..

Another figure thrown out there was that UPS contributes 23,000 dollars a year into every full timers pension fund, that is a fallacy.

I remember from the last Contract a newsletter from the International listing the weekly monetary contributions that UPS was paying into Western’s pension fund I might still have that, but I believe that the final 2023 contributions were listed as being over (500 dollars) a week, the same total contribution as our Health and Welfare plans.

The future growth for the Western is almost a guarantee…the final weekly contribution rate will be the same, there will be new younger participants every year and your part timers are contributing to your plan also, unlike the UPS/IBT and other pension plans.

It's not about our pension being better than anyone else's. It's about diverting money from multiple pension funds to get these raises, and a bonus to entice central/southern old timers into retirement.

They cut our annual increase by at least half the first year, and "we'll see" for the following four. :censored2: that, if they could get an increase if $.50/hr each of the last five years, they could at least keep that for these five, but should be more considering this "historic" contract.

some1else

Banned

IMG_4456.jpeg

Good but not the best. It’s at 817$ a week now over 40k per year. Have not seen the new supplement yet.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
NYSTPF is right up there with them, especially now with the $1.4B bailout.

Not even close even with the 1.4 B bailout, The Western will never be underfunded and will continue to grow.

Does the NYSTPF have their part timers contributing to your full time pension plan, or are they like the Central and Southern in a separate Company Controlled pension plan..?

Isn't your future accruement rates locked in and will never go up..?

The NYSTPF 1.3 Billion bailout pales next to the Central States 38.8 Billion, both are going to be even under more scrutiny by the Federal Government.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Boosting payout in exchange for more years of service is smart. It actually will help the pension fund.