Finally the time has come....

jdlarch

I have worked for FedEx Express for more than four years, lurking around this site nodding or shaking my head with all of the posts I have seen over the years. This may end up being both my first and last post here, you never know.
As of tonight, I finally get to put in my two weeks' notice with the company. My youngest gets to start school and I will no longer be pursuing extra work to cover just the huge daycare costs.
I have gotten after management that the raises have gotten so bad that I now make more in one day at my day job than with Fed Ex all week.
Seeing just how much has collapsed only within the time I have worked for FedEx is amazing. People are wondering how our group could become as bad as it is and one only need to step back and look. No raises + no individual worthwhile evaluations + only pick A, B, C or D to say what you think of this company in a yearly assessment can get you there fast. People way out in Memphis set up who works for us here, leaving no control for management. And this is coming from a material handler who just works part-time. I can only wish that those still with them can also weather this storm.
In the end, I hope this becomes my second favorite night working for FedEx as the best will be in two weeks.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have worked for FedEx Express for more than four years, lurking around this site nodding or shaking my head with all of the posts I have seen over the years. This may end up being both my first and last post here, you never know.
As of tonight, I finally get to put in my two weeks' notice with the company. My youngest gets to start school and I will no longer be pursuing extra work to cover just the huge daycare costs.
I have gotten after management that the raises have gotten so bad that I now make more in one day at my day job than with Fed Ex all week.
Seeing just how much has collapsed only within the time I have worked for FedEx is amazing. People are wondering how our group could become as bad as it is and one only need to step back and look. No raises + no individual worthwhile evaluations + only pick A, B, C or D to say what you think of this company in a yearly assessment can get you there fast. People way out in Memphis set up who works for us here, leaving no control for management. And this is coming from a material handler who just works part-time. I can only wish that those still with them can also weather this storm.
In the end, I hope this becomes my second favorite night working for FedEx as the best will be in two weeks.

Congratulations and good luck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Good for you. They don't even deserve notice.

jdlarch

9 more workdays to go and I highly doubt that they would lay me off. Our staff is only about 20 strong including HAZ people, heavyweights, ramp agents, and all of the material handlers. We are currently down 2 handlers already due to a maternity leave ( highly doubt she'll come back) and an *alleged* shoulder injury that is pushing 6 months so far. They would only be proving their stupidity if they decided to also pull a stunt of firing me. Here at our location, that seems to only be reserved for those that call in sick too often/no show and anyone that may drive too recklessly near the planes. I'm simply riding it out now, using my last floating holiday and going to cash out all my 'huge' amount in two weeks' vacation that I still have.

overflowed

9 more workdays to go and I highly doubt that they would lay me off. Our staff is only about 20 strong including HAZ people, heavyweights, ramp agents, and all of the material handlers. We are currently down 2 handlers already due to a maternity leave ( highly doubt she'll come back) and an *alleged* shoulder injury that is pushing 6 months so far. They would only be proving their stupidity if they decided to also pull a stunt of firing me. Here at our location, that seems to only be reserved for those that call in sick too often/no show and anyone that may drive too recklessly near the planes. I'm simply riding it out now, using my last floating holiday and going to cash out all my 'huge' amount in two weeks' vacation that I still have.
Sick days left?