Fired for job abandonment

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Did you miss the part where he walked out without telling anyone?
There wasn't anymore work. So instead of stealing time he punched out and left.

I fail to see why he has to tell anyone.

He had been working mostly unsupervised anyway.....some wet behind the ears PT Sup is the last person that needs to be notified of anything. Most can't wipe there own ass without asking permission. They are basically worthless.

UpsAngel

Do you feel like you understand your rights and responsibilities better now? If so, it was all worth it. Glad you got your job back. What are the terms of your reinstatement? If you don't mind my asking. Did they make the termination go away, or are you on a "last chance" reinstatement?

Manager just brougt me back made the discharge disappear, paid for lost time.
He called me sat to report sunday night.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Again, as I said before we may not agree on everything. The short term memory thing was my second thing to go. Everything else is still working fine.

We can always agree to disagree. I never have a problem with that, with anybody.

If the language is black and white, it is easy.

If the language is vague, or interpreted different ways by the Union, UPS, Arbitrators and the court systems, it becomes much harder for everyone to agree.

Sokom

The Friendly Supervisor
4 years with ups definetly not a newcomer.

Anyway, today im working and i get called in to a discharge paper for job abandonment.

Story goes im utility right now, because of an injury i cant lift over 50lbs and cannot be in my usual sort aisle or preloading trucks i been labeled permant disabled. So i kind of just roam to where needed somedays they forget about me completely. Most days i break bags for belts into totes, as soon as im done with my job i leave in risk of getting called out for stealing time.

Back to today, he tells me i had abandoned my job and therefore it was grounds for dismissal i was in the biggest shock because i been back for 3 weeks since my injury and have left like this before. I really wish i would have looked for a super and just daud bye before i walked out.

Steward said not to worry that i will get my job back in no time. Gave me # to BA. BA happened to be meeting up with my management today and will mention my case. If notresolved today he said it would resolve itself within a week for wrongful termination because i wasnt even given a warning or even a he said she said.

I know i screwed up by not telling at lest a part timer that i was clocking out. What are my chances of getting my job back? At this point i can even use the negative comments. Im a mess right now just thinking about my 6 month old and his benefits.
Should of been some warning or a sit down talk with on our part (management). You didn't steal anything. Or even lie...So You've good chances..Just be honest with everything that happened.