Fired for opening up and retaping box.

35years

Gravy route
You were SALTED and you committed the worst mistake any driver can make. ATTEMPT to steal. When will drivers understand that the company SALTS up the trucks and just waits for someone to say they were RE taping the pkg.

Unbelievable that this still happens in this day and age of UPS spying.

TOS.
If we take the driver at his word...
He did not attempt to steal anything.
He re-taped the package. Which is part of the corporate training we had last year in the DIAD...If a damage is discovered by the driver he is to "protect the merchandise from further damage" I document the exact wording of all DIAD training.

He warrants a warning letter for not sheeting a miss-load. But unless something was actually missing from the salt, re-taping a damaged box is not prima facie evidence that he was attempting to steal.

Additionally, since many management teams instruct drivers not to sheet damages, he may have been in good faith following previous directives by the management team. If they had a history of telling him not to sheet damages, he may have just been doing what he was previously told to do.

35years

Gravy route
Yep.

Right where I said it was.

Screen #1

2lo0ww2.jpg

Screen #2

33onvoj.jpg

Is that good enough ?

Mr. FancyPants. :biggrin:

In all fairness....

There seems to be different versions, of the software.

But "none the less", I don't try and BS the members.

-Bug-
Bug,
Apparently it is still an option in some areas. I know for a fact it is no longer in the DIAD in our area. "Damaged" is not an option after selecting "non delivery;other".

DIAD corporate training stated:
-If driver discovers the damaged box sheet as "Non-Delivery" then "Missed"
-If consignee reports damage at the time of delivery record as "Non Delivery" then "Damaged" ...Which is no longer an option in our DIADS

10 point

Bug,
Apparently it is still an option in some areas. I know for a fact it is no longer in the DIAD in our area. "Damaged" is not an option after selecting "non delivery;other".

-If consignee reports damage at the time of delivery record as "Non Delivery" then "Damaged" ...Which is no longer an option in our DIADS
You're saying that Refused/Damaged is not available anymore?
If we take the driver at his word...
He did not attempt to steal anything.
He re-taped the package. Which is part of the corporate training we had last year in the DIAD...If a damage is discovered by the driver he is to "protect the merchandise from further damage" I document the exact wording of all DIAD training.

He warrants a warning letter for not sheeting a miss-load. But unless something was actually missing from the salt, re-taping a damaged box is not prima facie evidence that he was attempting to steal.

Additionally, since many management teams instruct drivers not to sheet damages, he may have been in good faith following previous directives by the management team. If they had a history of telling him not to sheet damages, he may have just been doing what he was previously told to do.
But if there was a camera back there (like I read about in that Florida case) then there's additional evidence.

Or there was a pic taken of the salted pkg after the company planted it there that showed all the contents were there and then sealed up and another pic taken. They'd have to catch the employee with the stolen merchandise as he was leaving the building or blame could be put on the unloader or a local sort supe as well if there were contents missing.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Notice something missing? The empty slot was where damaged was. That is the refusal screen. This company are pros at hiding things.

I took that photo yesterday while a customer was asking their supervisor is they wanted to refuse a damaged box. They did but, obviously, I wasn't able to sheet it accurately.

Attachments

• 1460117548179.jpg
    1460117548179.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 192

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug,

I hear ya.

But, the DIAD training is not some sort of "binding covenant".

It's more of a suggestion. What the company would "like" you to do.

Besides,

If you answer all the questions wrong.... is that being "trained" ? ;)

-Bug-

Whargoul

I had a damaged package and I sent a diad msg asking how they wanted it sheeted. They answer "Refused". I knew I should of sheeted Missed like diad training though because the customer called in a complaint about it.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Known damaged packages are sheeted missed with damaged in the comments field, any other way is not following the methods as per the diad training. Unless you deliver the known damaged package to the customer and they refuse it ,but you still cannot or should not use damaged as the reason for the refusal

35years

Gravy route
Known damaged packages are sheeted missed with damaged in the comments field, any other way is not following the methods as per the diad training. Unless you deliver the known damaged package to the customer and they refuse it ,but you still cannot or should not use damaged as the reason for the refusal
Wording from the official training...

-If consignee reports damage at the time of delivery record as "Non Delivery" then "Damaged"