First 4 days, so many questions...

Kitsune

Hey all, just started as part time loader. I guess I'm not even through orientation until tomorrow but had a few problems. Some issues:

1)PT training sup who wants me to stay union and work says "~1 year to go full time in union" and FT sup who wants me to become PT sup says "up to 20 years to go FT in union"...

2)Building manager promising "~60k in driving after a year of PT package handling"...

3)In general being told all sorts of lies about everything union/benefit related...

4)Was told that "People are selected for their positions randomly". The people who look like the hardest workers go to Loaders, and every female goes to sort (1 of 5 Females went to unload, the rest, sort)...

Hey whatever, I'm happy to be here and work. Not sure whats going on since so many people have told me so many things but hopefully things will get simpler when it's just me, a trailer with boxes and my coworkers getting it in. (Doubt it but we will see haha )

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Hey all, just started as part time loader. I guess I'm not even through orientation until tomorrow but had a few problems. Some issues:

1)PT training sup who wants me to stay union and work says "~1 year to go full time in union" and FT sup who wants me to become PT sup says "up to 20 years to go FT in union"...

2)Building manager promising "~60k in driving after a year of PT package handling"...

3)In general being told all sorts of lies about everything union/benefit related...

4)Was told that "People are selected for their positions randomly". The people who look like the hardest workers go to Loaders, and every female goes to sort (1 of 5 Females went to unload, the rest, sort)...

Hey whatever, I'm happy to be here and work. Not sure whats going on since so many people have told me so many things but hopefully things will get simpler when it's just me, a trailer with boxes and my coworkers getting it in. (Doubt it but we will see haha )
The most important thing to know is that supervisors know nothing about the union. Why dont you find your shop steward (union rep) and ask him.

All the info you have received by your management team about the union is wrong.

Kitsune

So, after all that what are these many questions

Or,do you just need a hug
Hug would be nice....

But seriously, I guess the question would be: Am I correct in thinking that everyone is playing an angle? Is there any person throughout the process of being a new hire that will be a straight shooter, or am I naive for even expecting that?

Hug would be nice....

But seriously, I guess the question would be: Am I correct in thinking that everyone is playing an angle? Is there any person throughout the process of being a new hire that will be a straight shooter, or am I naive for even expecting that?
Management lies about everything.b

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
il_340x270.289241511.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hug would be nice....

Come in do what your asked go home

It’s not that complicated