First day of IRS hearing end with a THUD...!

texan

I shake my head at that fact (a Bush appointee), as I also shake my head over the President learning of this
"problem" in the media.

Any more, I really believe we need term limits for the Congress, as they also voted him in.

wkmac

How do you feel about the fact that this man is a Bush appointee?

Seems to me you'd have to compare the number of visits to the WH in other years to first determine if this number is abnormal. If it is, then the question would be why and take it from there.

It is interesting that an IRS official can plead the 5th amendment and other than verbal jockeying for the value of talking points, it's all but accepted anyway. However, if any of us mere mortals were to claim the 5th amendment on our tax returns, we'd go to jail.

texan

Seems to me you'd have to compare the number of visits to the WH in other years to first determine if this number is abnormal. If it is, then the question would be why and take it from there.

It is interesting that an IRS official can plead the 5th amendment and other than verbal jockeying for the value of talking points, it's all but accepted anyway. However, if any of us mere mortals were to claim the 5th amendment on our tax returns, we'd go to jail.

Two good points.

I do not think that I want to request that info though. I do not want the IRS looking at me.

I have nothing to hide, but they answer to no one and can plead the 5th.

For any one else that wants to.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/visitor-records

wkmac

I shake my head at that fact (a Bush appointee), as I also shake my head over the President learning of this
"problem" in the media.

Any more, I really believe we need term limits for the Congress, as they also voted him in.

Do you really think terms limits will make the difference? If it does, then how do you explain when Congress swings back and forth during election cycles like 1994' and then back the other way in 2006' and then a minor swing in 2010' and yet other than talking points, nothing if any real substance actually changes? Regardless of what you do or the gimmicks you come up with, the system is rigged and where it really counts, the outcomes will never change for the better to most of us.

texan

Do you really think terms limits will make the difference? If it does, then how do you explain when Congress swings back and forth during election cycles like 1994' and then back the other way in 2006' and then a minor swing in 2010' and yet other than talking points, nothing if any real substance actually changes? Regardless of what you do or the gimmicks you come up with, the system is rigged and where it really counts, the outcomes will never change for the better to most of us.

At least the McCains, Hatches, Leahys, Rangels etc would not have such a choke hold.

People, when given power, can eventually be corrupted by it.

wkmac

At least the McCains, Hatches, Leahys, Rangels etc would not have such a choke hold.

People, when given power, can eventually be corrupted by it.

And what does electing them in the first place do in beginning that process?

texan

OK back to the IRS scandal..... But I will start a thread in Current Events.
I would like to hear your thoughts, TOS thoughts and others on this new thread.

pretender

Bob, I mean BigBob. I have no idea what you are trying to infer. Everyone knows you are a pudgy (I'm being kind) white guy.

I have no idea what you are trying to infer, unless you are being sarcastic. I know him, and his name is not Bob. He is a slender African American. Are you saying he can't have an opinion because he is retired?

moreluck

golden ticket member

I have not researched it, now will I, but I have a hunch that the 118 visits to the W.H. by this guy is more than all his predecessors put together. I guess there's lots of planning for those Easter Egg Rolls !!
You don't need to mention Bush appointee.....because apparently Obama has found him to be acceptable for over 4 years now.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, well, well. As we on the "other side" already said, and now those EMAILS the republicans just had to have, show that this whole "auditing" ...."delaying" tea party groups has NOTHING to do with president OBAMA or the White House.

Emails Suggest IRS Targeting Developed by Lower-Level Workers - Yahoo! Finance

Today, FOX news is swtiching gears from its OBAMAS fault and he's is using chicago style politics to , OBAMA should have known, OBAMAS actions created this climate of behavior.

Again, like we said, this IRS issue would turn out to be a NOTHING ISSUE.

Lets now talk about what caused this in the first place. CITIZENS UNITED.

Every yahoo in a trailer park is attempting to register as a tax exempt business. The IRS has no choice but to scrutinize these applications.

Game Over on this issue folks...

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
At the end of the day nobody is more smug and arrogant than Barack Obama. Still, Lerner comes close.
r620-b0996a61cede7a24c11b740e1bc8766e-550x397.jpg

obama_contempt-550x330.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bob, I mean BigBob. I have no idea what you are trying to infer. Everyone knows you are a pudgy (I'm being kind) white guy.

I've known Necro for years and he's a lean black man that in some light looks almost dark purple.
As far as his swimming skills go; it's a well guarded secret that he is the only man to ever swim the Engish Channel, long ways.
Be careful roadrunner, because it's not the coyote that you're messing with here.

Necropostophiliac

My apologies for mistaking him for a banned member.
No worries.

I just wish in your back and forth in the heated Current Events that you do not get personal.

There are no stereotypes. We all have opinions and must attempt to play nice in the back and forth.

I lean right in my thoughts and post, but I read the other side the best I can and think about it.