First Paycheck DD?

LordGriffith

Hi!

Just started last week and I wanted to know if UPS direct deposits your first check, or do you get a paper check? I just got an email from their HR department stating that there had been a change to my direct deposit (which I'm guessing means they have processed my direct deposit, cause I didn't make any changes). They sent this email today (one day before payday). What does this mean?

Btw: my bank is Suntrust if anyone has them that could tell me if I should expect my first check as a direct deposit or paper check. Thanks.

GenericUsername

We just had an odd situation that I haven't ever come across in the past 14 years. We had a new hire opt for paperless and direct deposit. The first check did not go through DD so it's kind of in limbo until the second check processes.

LordGriffith

We just had an odd situation that I haven't ever come across in the past 14 years. We had a new hire opt for paperless and direct deposit. The first check did not go through DD so it's kind of in limbo until the second check processes.
That sucks! Well I picked direct deposit from the jump, so what should I expect?

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
The money card with direct deposit is thru ADP. The issued will get the card in the mail and it must be activated before DD takes affect. Until the card is activated the employee will receive a paper check.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
It's the same as a bank account, really.
If you have your own bank account than just have the DD go to your own account. You do have the option to have multiple DD also, but you have to set that up with Payroll.
You don't need to use the card. It's just an option vs the paper check. I used it myself, but have since setup DD to go into my own account.