Paycheck

Readabook160

It’s my second week on the job I was suppose to receive my first paycheck Thursday and didn’t receive one in person or Direct Deposit I asked my supervisor and he told me basically next week I will get paid there was an error in the system. Is this normal at ups?

Zowert

If you have worked two full weeks then you should have been paid today. Tell your shop steward and take this to your manager, supervisors don’t know what they’re talking about.

Readabook160

If you have worked two full weeks then you should have been paid today. Tell your shop steward and take this to your manager, supervisors don’t know what they’re talking about.
Thank you I will definitely go in extra early tomorrow to do this

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Thank you I will definitely go in extra early tomorrow to do this
It takes a pay period for direct deposit to go through. You still should have gotten a live check. Don’t put up with “we will pay you next week.” You worked, they owe you a check. I don’t care if they’re having issues with payroll.

trickpony1

It’s my second week on the job I was suppose to receive my first paycheck Thursday and didn’t receive one in person or Direct Deposit I asked my supervisor and he told me basically next week I will get paid there was an error in the system. Is this normal at ups?
Try not to piss anyone off.
You're still in the probationary period and can be fired for any reason although not likely as we can't keep employees, especially new ones.

Zowert

Try not to piss anyone off.
You're still in the probationary period and can be fired for any reason although not likely as we can't keep employees, especially new ones.
Oh yeah I forgot about this. He is right, you need to walk a fine line here. This doesn’t mean you should let them give you the runaround though. Be as nice and professional about it as possible.

Commercial Inside Release

Seems like this behavior towards seasonal employees by management is taught and directed from corporate. It is so rampant, I'd guess there are thousands of instances. Quite a few of the clueless ones probably never got paid.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Yep. Bet your hours were messed with too

The office that handles all affairs, most likely has your physical check. They leave them on a desk for everyone who doesn’t have a mailbox .

Im in the same position I was hired oct 30 just quit last week for them not paying me yet