Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

First yearly

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Netsua 3:16, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

OC came up and told me next week he was riding with me and asked me which route I wanted to do.
    Advice? No idea what to expect other than don't do anything stupid driving and 3 points of contact, yield to everybody, yadda yadda

2. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Tell him you wanna do route X. Then tell all but one guys in that loop to put in for 8 hours. On the morning of the ride, trade with the guy that got shafted

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Eat taco Bell for breakfast that day.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It will go well until the supe has to drive. Then it's scary.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. rod

rod retired and happy

Just remember---they have to find things wrong with you (even if it means making thing up) or they are accused of not doing their job. Relax and go by their methods--it kills them every time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

Follow your methods. Their tablet has your tendencies from Telematics on it so they will be paying attention to your known issues.

7. Netsua 3:16

Such as? I'm expecting backs but what else?
    The sup drives? For how long

8. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

Is it just a Space & Vis Ride? They usually drive back to building after last pickup/delivery ... it’s weird sitting in the jump seat and yes, most of the times it was scary lol.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

Just do your job. Nod your head at their stupid rhetoric. Punch out and go home. Laugh at them and all the BS that they have to do.

10. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Free lunch

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Wrong

Wrong :))

Don’t walk through yards with the supervisor, don’t touch packages while he is “training you” by doing your job, take a bathroom break or two no pissing in bottles, full hour lunch don’t hold off on it to make the route work, all methods you know and generally a slower pace. My goal in a ride along is to make them be out there with me for as long as possible and see the route taking longer than what I usually do it in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Netsua 3:16

Luckily my OC was a driver for 15 years and is actually pretty cool. I've never rode with him but he's taught me a lot in regards to recording/sheeting, and let me get away with a ton of mistakes without anything more than verbal warnings. I know he's a UPS sup and thus I need to watch what I say and be careful but I must admit that he's genuinely had my back and protected me thus far. I'm actually looking forward to asking him a bunch of little questions as far as what I can and can't get away with

13. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Supes act tough inside the building but when they are in your truck its important to let them know YOUR THE BOSS...

14. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

All the methods...knowing and being able to recite them. The way you back, how you park, how you open the bulk head door, how you maintain organization on your parcels, even how you communicate verbally and non verbally to the public. Also you will have to perform the driver drill. The Sup takes over to show you how he/she expects you to perform the methods.

15. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

lol
    upload_2019-1-27_16-55-1.png

16. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

Brush up on DOK

17. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

They are just trying to look good for there peers I don’t fall for that crap

18. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

The fact that a person who had 15 years to know better became a sup, should concern you.

19. 35years

35years Well-Known Member

One thing to watch.
    A trick they try to nail drivers on dishonesty...

The sup may act like buddies with you all day.
    Then he asks you...
    "Do you want me to skip his driving demo" or mirror adjustment station or something else.

You say "I don't care"

He says "OK, but if someone asks you, say we did it so I don't get in trouble "

Then after the ride, different manager asks you if he did the demo...

You will feel obligated to lie for your sup.

It is sometimes a trap. The sup at that point without you present may say no, I didn't do the demo.

Now you are terminated for dishonesty.

If they ask you questions about your ride the answer is...I am not sure.

If the sup asks if he can skip something, say no.

If any sup covers for you on little things it is often just manipulation to gain your trust. They will throw you to the dogs when it actually matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Tell him to slow the hell down....