First yearly

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
OC came up and told me next week he was riding with me and asked me which route I wanted to do.
Advice? No idea what to expect other than don't do anything stupid driving and 3 points of contact, yield to everybody, yadda yadda

rod

Retired 22 years
Just remember---they have to find things wrong with you (even if it means making thing up) or they are accused of not doing their job. Relax and go by their methods--it kills them every time.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Follow your methods. Their tablet has your tendencies from Telematics on it so they will be paying attention to your known issues.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Such as? I'm expecting backs but what else?

The sup drives? For how long
Is it just a Space & Vis Ride? They usually drive back to building after last pickup/delivery ... it’s weird sitting in the jump seat and yes, most of the times it was scary lol.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
OC came up and told me next week he was riding with me and asked me which route I wanted to do.
Advice? No idea what to expect other than don't do anything stupid driving and 3 points of contact, yield to everybody, yadda yadda
Don’t walk through yards with the supervisor, don’t touch packages while he is “training you” by doing your job, take a bathroom break or two no pissing in bottles, full hour lunch don’t hold off on it to make the route work, all methods you know and generally a slower pace. My goal in a ride along is to make them be out there with me for as long as possible and see the route taking longer than what I usually do it in.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Is it just a Space & Vis Ride? They usually drive back to building after last pickup/delivery ... it’s weird sitting in the jump seat and yes, most of the times it was scary lol.
Luckily my OC was a driver for 15 years and is actually pretty cool. I've never rode with him but he's taught me a lot in regards to recording/sheeting, and let me get away with a ton of mistakes without anything more than verbal warnings. I know he's a UPS sup and thus I need to watch what I say and be careful but I must admit that he's genuinely had my back and protected me thus far. I'm actually looking forward to asking him a bunch of little questions as far as what I can and can't get away with

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Supes act tough inside the building but when they are in your truck its important to let them know YOUR THE BOSS...

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Such as? I'm expecting backs but what else?

The sup drives? For how long

All the methods...knowing and being able to recite them. The way you back, how you park, how you open the bulk head door, how you maintain organization on your parcels, even how you communicate verbally and non verbally to the public. Also you will have to perform the driver drill. The Sup takes over to show you how he/she expects you to perform the methods.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
lol
upload_2019-1-27_16-55-1.png

35years

Gravy route
One thing to watch.
A trick they try to nail drivers on dishonesty...

The sup may act like buddies with you all day.
Then he asks you...
"Do you want me to skip his driving demo" or mirror adjustment station or something else.

You say "I don't care"

He says "OK, but if someone asks you, say we did it so I don't get in trouble "

Then after the ride, different manager asks you if he did the demo...

You will feel obligated to lie for your sup.

It is sometimes a trap. The sup at that point without you present may say no, I didn't do the demo.

Now you are terminated for dishonesty.

If they ask you questions about your ride the answer is...I am not sure.

If the sup asks if he can skip something, say no.

If any sup covers for you on little things it is often just manipulation to gain your trust. They will throw you to the dogs when it actually matters.