Fit for Duty?

annie345

This whole story blows my mind. What type of sissy buildings do you work in? And why would you ever elect someone to be a steward with no back bone.

Never once has a part timer and only once has a driver been asked to test. Please do yourselves a favor and read the contract and elect some smart hard nosed reps.
Yeah.. Some of the stuff I hear about in other centers amazes me. This stuff would never go on at my center

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think you are still covered for 30 days after leaving before needing to pay for other insurance.
Not under Teamcare. You are covered on a week by week basis for any week UPS is required to make a contribution on your behalf. Once terminated, UPS is no longer required to make a contribution. You may be thinking of an off the job injury. 4 weeks of coverage before you have to pick up a COBRA policy.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not under Teamcare. You are covered on a week by week basis for any week UPS is required to make a contribution on your behalf. Once terminated, UPS is no longer required to make a contribution. You may be thinking of an off the job injury. 4 weeks of coverage before you have to pick up a COBRA policy.

When you retire you are still covered for 30 days and I think that also applies to other situations.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You are covered for the balance of the month.
No you are not. You used to be. It used to be 1 punch a month to be covered for the month. Now, it is 1 punch a week to be covered for the week. You will have coverage for the rest of the week, not the rest of the month. It changed under Teamcare.

oldngray

nowhere special
No you are not. You used to be. It used to be 1 punch a month to be covered for the month. Now, it is 1 punch a week to be covered for the week. You will have coverage for the rest of the week, not the rest of the month. It changed under Teamcare.

Not all retirees are on Teamcare. I'm not and never was.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have had a Teamster healthcare plan for all of my 25 years and in our plan you are covered for the balance of the month when you are terminated.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
As a motor carrier they're required to report the results of the drug test. Anyone who verifies your employment history will also receive the results of your drug tests.

Honestly, you deserve to be fired for using drugs. I would not represent anyone who did.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This whole story blows my mind. What type of sissy buildings do you work in? And why would you ever elect someone to be a steward with no back bone.

Never once has a part timer and only once has a driver been asked to test. Please do yourselves a favor and read the contract and elect some smart hard nosed reps.
Funny because I work in the "hard nose" union you describe, and there's plenty of people testing positive and gone. PT, FT, etc. I've also seen many go through SAP's successfully.

The one thing to take from this thread is BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

Dogbill

Just checking back after months without working for UPS. I really miss my job. I spoke to my shift supervisor last week very briefly and he said he wished I was still around. Should I forget I ever worked here and move on entirely or is it worth (or even possible) trying to reapply and start from the bottom?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Has any part time employee, had a fit for duty and tested positive for thc and got there job back? please reply... G.

Very, very unlikely unless the test results were borderline on the confirmatory. UPS uses DOT regulations as the contractual standards for testing non-DOT employees. 15 ng/mL for the test and 50 ng/mL for the confirmatory test (GC/MS).

High THC levels (100 ng/mL+) are viewed as being intoxicated on the job by the company. This is why its important for non-DOT employees to request a blood test while also giving a urine sample.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Just checking back after months without working for UPS. I really miss my job. I spoke to my shift supervisor last week very briefly and he said he wished I was still around. Should I forget I ever worked here and move on entirely or is it worth (or even possible) trying to reapply and start from the bottom?

Depends on how you were logged into the system. You were almost certainly put on the "do not rehire" list. If you go to re-apply and can't seem to get a tour date, this is why.