Flavor of the Month.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Management falsification in my station is rampant.

As it is everywhere else. This is part of the reason MEM is so clueless. Management is pressured to produce "results", and as long as the reports indicate success, Memphis thinks it's all OK. But the numbers are mostly fakes, and MEM cannot figure it out. As far as they are concerned, it's all wonderful.

When I used to run Saturdays the first thing my manager did was tell me how to fool the system and run "perfect" reports. It's easy, and since nobody ever follows-up, they usually get away with it. I refused to falsify, and requested to be removed from the responsibility. They quickly found someone else who would lie.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Apparently the flavor of the month in my district is cutting back overtime. In my 25+ years at FedEx, management has never been successful at doing that. The area in which I live is too transient and there are too many job opportunities. So, the new tactic to cut OT is to mandate that NOONE, under any circumstances, no exceptions, can work more than 11 hours in a day.

What the genius managers in my station are doing is, let's say you work 11 hours and 15 minutes, they will move that 15 minutes to your break, thus TAKING 15 minutes of paid time and making it UNPAID. I've had three different people tell me this has happened to them, granted, one okayed it first, figuring he would get the time back on another day by sticking it to them.

Another tactic they've tried to use was, they asked an AM courier to pick up some dropboxes for the PM side because they had no one. He informed them he would go over 11. Their response, Put a note on the DB's that they were picked up early and bring the freight back. He refused to do it that way, waited for the ready times and brought back a ton of unprocessed freight. That put him at 11.5 hours. They TRIED to shave his time, but he balked and they backed off.

All I can say to all this is, WTF?! I'm hoping I go over 11 hrs one day to start raising hell. So far, my manager is making sure that doesn't happen. Lol.

Anyone else having this stupid kind of stuff going on in their station?
If you have ANY kind of proof or documentation that this has occurred, it means immediate termination of anyone in management with knowledge that it is happening. Falsifying time worked is forbidden.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Apparently the flavor of the month in my district is cutting back overtime.

Same here, too. The biggest offenders have had their routes adjusted, but they're still trying to play games to milk it as much as they can and they are being given as much rope as they want.

Another tactic they've tried to use was, they asked an AM courier to pick up some dropboxes for the PM side because they had no one. He informed them he would go over 11. Their response, Put a note on the DB's that they were picked up early and bring the freight back. He refused to do it that way, waited for the ready times and brought back a ton of unprocessed freight. That put him at 11.5 hours. They TRIED to shave his time, but he balked and they backed off.

Yeah, the manager screwed that one up. He should have given the courier a warning letter for refusing to pick up the box as directed and going over on his hours. If he's screwing around with time cards, fire him.

Mindthegap

Just another lawsuit waiting to happen. Never trusted management anyway. Anyone who says they can't find a penny's worth of profit in tens of billions of revenue is either highly incompetent or lying poorly.