Flipped.......

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We just recently got PAS. The preload is less than a month old and already it is glitching. It all went fairly well until recently. Now when the system scans a package for the SPA label it has begun to flip the address. It searches the database to find the best corresponding address and now we are seeing all kinds of flips. S to N. N to W. Completely different streets which might be in the next county than the original address. You should see how it confuses ORION. Now after you taken the time to message all the flips in your load to the center you get the experience of having to run them off after you have finish your route. You know.....attempt every package every day.
This system is flawed at best. Good to see the investment is paying off for UPS. We went from a Driver Sort and Load with no misloads and no packages left in the center to misloads and flipped addresses and packages held in building for later delivery. Seems we have taken a step backward in service for the customer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would assume that the packages left in building for future delivery are Surepost for addresses with a forecasted non-Surepost for the next work day.

Orion has nothing to do with flips, which should be sheeted as NSN and brought to the clerk for processing.

gman042

I would assume that the packages left in building for future delivery are Surepost for addresses with a forecasted non-Surepost for the next work day.

Orion has nothing to do with flips, which should be sheeted as NSN and brought to the clerk for processing.

Correct on the surepost left in building, however we always delivered every package every day with the driver sort.
Orion will incorporate the "flipped" address into your route information.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Correct on the surepost left in building, however we always delivered every package every day with the driver sort.
Orion will incorporate the "flipped" address into your route information.

Surepost being held is part of the new contract.

Flips may be built in to your EDD but if the PAL is wrong you sheet as such and bring to clerk.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

So our failed technology flipped a correct address to a wrong one and you sheet it NSN? Sounds like make service or sheet as missed.

BrownTexas

I deliver based off the shipping label, not the pal. If the shipping label is incorrect, it is a NSN. If the pal/spa label is wrong, then the shipping label is where you deliver.

gman042

So when the address has been flipped and when delivered to the correct address, is an address correction needed? Does the flipped address show up when tracked by the customer?

upschuck

So when the address has been flipped and when delivered to the correct address, is an address correction needed? Does the flipped address show up when tracked by the customer?
Just put correct address in DIAD, and deliver as normal. We all have been taught to deliver off the address label, not the PAS label.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It does need to be corrected. It's a bad snap in the dispatch computer. It should go through as a temp AC so the cust does not get charged.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We just recently got PAS. The preload is less than a month old and already it is glitching. It all went fairly well until recently. Now when the system scans a package for the SPA label it has begun to flip the address. It searches the database to find the best corresponding address and now we are seeing all kinds of flips. S to N. N to W. Completely different streets which might be in the next county than the original address. You should see how it confuses ORION. Now after you taken the time to message all the flips in your load to the center you get the experience of having to run them off after you have finish your route. You know.....attempt every package every day.
This system is flawed at best. Good to see the investment is paying off for UPS. We went from a Driver Sort and Load with no misloads and no packages left in the center to misloads and flipped addresses and packages held in building for later delivery. Seems we have taken a step backward in service for the customer.

Call the building. Ask them what they want you to do

landrick

Just to sound as dumb as possible here...you're just now getting PAS? Wasn't that rolled out, what, 11 or 12 years ago? I'd have thought that was system-wide years ago. Shows what I know. So have you had EDD all this time, or no?

Siveriano

This all change day to day basis at our center. Depending how the SUPs are feeling we get told to attempt to the right addresses if the SUP is in a good mood
, otherwise we are instructed to sheet as NSN. One time i have an air for 903 somestreet ave yet the pal label was 901 sometreet ave (the building next to the otherone) because it was an air and it was already 10:28 my on road instructed me to sheet it as NSN.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This all change day to day basis at our center. Depending how the SUPs are feeling we get told to attempt to the right addresses if the SUP is in a good mood
, otherwise we are instructed to sheet as NSN. One time i have an air for 903 somestreet ave yet the pal label was 901 sometreet ave (the building next to the otherone) because it was an air and it was already 10:28 my on road instructed me to sheet it as NSN.

Did they at least come get it and reattempt at the correct address?