Flipped.......

Siveriano

We only need to type in the correct address for it to be ad cor. In street field.
I know and i do this when something like this happens, this incident was when i have my SUP riding with me.
They some how know all the glitches on the system as use them to thir advantage when they feel like it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
That was because you let him bully you. I also bet you were way under for the day. Don't let them play with your numbers. It only makes them look good. Then gives you a number you can't ever match. Day in day out. Do what you do each day

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Just to sound as dumb as possible here...you're just now getting PAS? Wasn't that rolled out, what, 11 or 12 years ago? I'd have thought that was system-wide years ago. Shows what I know. So have you had EDD all this time, or no?
No EDD. All done old school. The splitters had to know every address in the center and which side split it to. Every loader had to know every address that went on the trucks and where they were loaded. It was a much more efficient system than this technological monstrosity that UPS has created. You should have seen how confused the IE guy was when he was watching us perform the sort. He could not believe how fast we were splitting just by address alone. We could process the same amount of volume as this new Preload in a hour less time.
Often times more simple is more better.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

No EDD. All done old school. The splitters had to know every address in the center and which side split it to. Every loader had to know every address that went on the trucks and where they were loaded. It was a much more efficient system than this technological monstrosity that UPS has created. You should have seen how confused the IE guy was when he was was us perform. He could not believe how fast we were splitting just by address alone. We could process the same amount of volume as this new Preload in a hour less time.
Plus now you will need a lot more employees to accomplish the same task so we raise the PPH, take away the Dollar preload premium, start the belts later,load quality takes second to production, misloads go through the roof, morale goes into the toilet, new employees won't stay for more then a couple days or weeks. Welcome to the new UPS world.

gman042

Plus now you will need a lot more employees to accomplish the same task so we raise the PPH, take away the Dollar preload premium, start the belts later,load quality takes second to production, misloads go through the roof, morale goes into the toilet, new employees won't stay for more then a couple days or weeks. Welcome to the new UPS world.

With the new help, more supervisors, the equipment and the added feeder run, this preload setup(which was crammed into a building too small) has cost about 3 times what they were paying us drivers to do in a year. That being said it would appear that UPS would recoup their investment in a few years. By the numbers, if one gave just a cursory glance, that could be truthful. BUT....what about all the misloads that now happen? What about all the flips that now happen? What about all the extra miles that the center runs trying to cover these mistakes? What about all the costs paid back to the customer because of these system glitches? And more.....
The costs far outweigh the benefits.

Last edited:

gman042

UPS places all its faith in technology when a skilled workforce can and does the same amount of work in less time and with less mistakes. We were living proof of that.
Rumor has it that UPS promised the shareholders that preloads and Orion technology would be implemented in ever location. What the shareholder do not realize is how flawed this "improvement" is. Think about how much money UPS pays out for the glitches in their technology. How much more money UPS would make if they relied on a skilled workforce that made few mistakes?

gman042

Had 3 flips on Thursday that I could not deliver. After going through all the proper steps to get it fixed....YUP.....you guessed it......had the exact same 3 stops Friday.
Wonderful system!

PT Car Washer

Had 3 flips on Thursday that I could not deliver. After going through all the proper steps to get it fixed....YUP.....you guessed it......had the exact same 3 stops Friday.
Wonderful system!
The technology is perfect. It is the people that are flawed. As soon as technology can eliminate as many humans as possible the closer to perfect the world will become.

Boulevard859710

No EDD. All done old school. The splitters had to know every address in the center and which side split it to. Every loader had to know every address that went on the trucks and where they were loaded. It was a much more efficient system than this technological monstrosity that UPS has created. You should have seen how confused the IE guy was when he was watching us perform the sort. He could not believe how fast we were splitting just by address alone. We could process the same amount of volume as this new Preload in a hour less time.
Damn right. This new :censored2: just created more problems.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
This all change day to day basis at our center. Depending how the SUPs are feeling we get told to attempt to the right addresses if the SUP is in a good mood
, otherwise we are instructed to sheet as NSN. One time i have an air for 903 somestreet ave yet the pal label was 901 sometreet ave (the building next to the otherone) because it was an air and it was already 10:28 my on road instructed me to sheet it as NSN.

You need to use your head!! What is the right thing to do? Being instructed to do a dishonest thing does not necessarily absolve your liability in this situation!

This all change day to day basis at our center. Depending how the SUPs are feeling we get told to attempt to the right addresses if the SUP is in a good mood
, otherwise we are instructed to sheet as NSN. One time i have an air for 903 somestreet ave yet the pal label was 901 sometreet ave (the building next to the otherone) because it was an air and it was already 10:28 my on road instructed me to sheet it as NSN.
And they wonder why they had to pay millions of dollars in lawsuits.

gman042

It is official, ORION has been implemented in our center....with its flawed DOL data and all. See UPS doesn't care how well it is done, just so they can say to the stock holders that it is done. ORION had me drive 9 empty miles back through territory that I had already covered to get back on trace. When I offered a solution to the ORION SUP driving the same amount of miles that were productive miles he told me not to. "shrug"

DOK

We just recently got PAS. The preload is less than a month old and already it is glitching. It all went fairly well until recently. Now when the system scans a package for the SPA label it has begun to flip the address. It searches the database to find the best corresponding address and now we are seeing all kinds of flips. S to N. N to W. Completely different streets which might be in the next county than the original address. You should see how it confuses ORION. Now after you taken the time to message all the flips in your load to the center you get the experience of having to run them off after you have finish your route. You know.....attempt every package every day.
This system is flawed at best. Good to see the investment is paying off for UPS. We went from a Driver Sort and Load with no misloads and no packages left in the center to misloads and flipped addresses and packages held in building for later delivery. Seems we have taken a step backward in service for the customer.

How do you get PAS after Orion? I thought building a plan for Orion relied on info from PAS?

Also, how would loaders load the package cars if there's different plans everyday with no PAS?

gman042

How do you get PAS after Orion? I thought building a plan for Orion relied on info from PAS?

Also, how would loaders load the package cars if there's different plans everyday with no PAS?

Let me speak more slowly.....

They installed PAS and the ORION computers at the same time. Though ORION was not implemented we could still view the optimized trace.