flu shots

rod

Retired 22 years
I keep currant on all my shots----needles don't scare me. I very, very, very rarely even have so much as a cold. I don't get head aches, I don't get nauseated, I've never had a broken bone and have had a grand total of maybe 6 stiches in my 70 years. By all accounts I should have been dead years ago with the kind of life I've lived but I just keep ticking. (I ride motorcycles too). I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I keep currant on all my shots----needles don't scare me. I very, very, very rarely even have so much as a cold. I don't get head aches, I don't get nauseated, I've never had a broken bone and have had a grand total of maybe 6 stiches in my 70 years. By all accounts I should have been dead years ago with the kind of life I've lived but I just keep ticking. (I ride motorcycles too). I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
I haven't had a cold or sniffle since 2008...….I always go to the stores early, avoid the crowds and wipe the grocery carts. I'm the person hitting the grocery store at 6:00 a.m. and getting my frappucino!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I haven't had a cold or sniffle since 2008...….I always go to the stores early, avoid the crowds and wipe the grocery carts. I'm the person hitting the grocery store at 6:00 a.m. and getting my frappucino!!

I religiously wipe the carts off at Walmart if I'm unlucky enough to get forced there. That place makes my skin crawl.

rod

Retired 22 years

About the only thing I hit a 6 a.m. is the bathroom.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Keep this in mind from the Terms of Service (aka Terms and Rules):

5.) BrownCafe cannot take the place of a personal relationship with your doctor, lawyer, union representative, human resources representative, therapist or other professional adviser. Please review all questions and information with them.

The people here are your peers, not trained professionals. Information posted here is individual personal experience only, not professional, medical or legal advice. If you are in danger, call your doctor or therapist, local crisis line, 911, or a family member. BrownCafe's staff and members/posters are not qualified to diagnose or give any type of medical, legal, financial, career or other advice when it comes to your personal situation.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
-While in Wal Mart drop by the girl sitting at the table selling flu shots. Read the waiver. About half way down the page...item number six, I think, it mentions Guillain Barre Syndrome. Ask the girl if she knows what that is and why you have to read and sign a waiver.
So you trust the Risk Management department of a huge Corporation over the CDC?

I thought you were smarter than that but I guess I'm wrong.

Indecisi0n

That's only because your so old that not even viruses want you.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Some people think MS is an autoimmune disorder and you openly admit you get/advocate flu shots?

WOW.
MS is an autoimmune disorder.
No one needs to think.
WOW!

An autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system mistakenly attacks your body.

Flu shots are recommended.
And I recently had a tetanus shot and was tested for TB for a volunteer position.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on September 26, 2006. On October 11, 2006, I started using a daily dangerous injectable immune modulator.

The side effects are awful, pages of them and yet I have not missed a daily injection. Obviously, I have been a fool to believe medicine can make a difference in a crap condition called Multiple Sclerosis. Dummy me, It is my parents that caused my MS by getting me Immunized.

Because you are so smart and I am just mentally impaired by the industrial medical complex...I will free myself from these daily injections!!

And should we stop looking for vaccines to stop the spread of Ebola.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I react so strongly to your conspiracy fears because you may convince some people that don't think critically or skeptically to suggest to susceptible people like their parents or sick relatives and friends to not get the flu vaccine. This is dangerous stuff you are spreading.

From the 2009 article:

By ANDREW POLLACK MAY 8, 2009 - 2018-19 flu vaccination is not directed to any Swine Flu.

In all, the 1976 vaccination resulted in nearly one extra case of Guillain-Barré for every 100,000 people immunized, which would translate into roughly 450 cases for the 45 million people who got the shot.

Others say there are lessons to be learned even without solving the mystery. One is that any medicine or vaccine given to tens of millions of people is likely to have side effects, so surveillance systems need to be in place.

Another is that risks have to be weighed against benefits. Had there been a swine flu epidemic in 1976, the number of lives saved by a vaccine would have dwarfed the small number of cases of Guillain-Barré. But in 1976, the vaccine was given even though the epidemic did not materialize.

“The math is overwhelmingly in favor of vaccine if there’s an epidemic,” said Dr. Harvey V. Fineberg, the president of the Institute of Medicine and co-author of “The Epidemic That Never Was,” a book about the 1976 episode. “It’s in the absence of disease that this rare effect looms large.”

The CDC says:
If there is an increased risk of GBS following flu vaccination it is small, on the order of one to two additional GBS cases per million doses of flu vaccine administered
or 1 in 500,000.

Mouse Man Take Away ... in this worst case scenario, the aberrant reaction to the swine flu vaccine was only 5 times worse than the normal risk associated with the Flu Vaccine.
To me, that is still in an acceptable risk ratio.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
MS is an autoimmune disorder.
No one needs to think.
WOW!

An autoimmune disease is a condition in which your immune system mistakenly attacks your body.

Flu shots are recommended.
And I recently had a tetanus shot and was tested for TB for a volunteer position.

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on September 26, 2006. On October 11, 2006, I started using a daily dangerous injectable immune modulator.

The side effects are awful, pages of them and yet I have not missed a daily injection. Obviously, I have been a fool to believe medicine can make a difference in a crap condition called Multiple Sclerosis. Dummy me, It is my parents that caused my MS by getting me Immunized.

Because you are so smart and I am just mentally impaired by the industrial medical complex...I will free myself from these daily injections!!

And should we stop looking for vaccines to stop the spread of ebola?
Nice sarcasm ... you wear it well.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Legalized recreational pot is coming. Our newly elected Governor announced just the other day that "it's time".
I'm still unsure about recreational use but medical is a no-brainer.

After 25, the effects are minimal ... just as it is with other drugs like alcohol.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That's only because your so old that not even viruses want you.
upload_2018-11-30_0-54-39.png

Old and mean ...

fixed it for you

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I react so strongly to your conspiracy fears because you may convince some people that don't think critically or skeptically to suggest to susceptible people like their parents or sick relatives and friends to not get the flu vaccine. This is dangerous stuff you are spreading.

Repeat.
DITTO