Fmla question

doubletap

Hey guys and gals. My wife and I are expecting a child here soon and I was wondering if it's worth the hassle using Fmla? Do you have to use all of your vacation first or how does that work. I don't care about getting a pay check I just want time off to help my wife as much as I can. I'm gonna use the paternity leave and I was hoping to get 2 weeks of Fmla leave. Also does it screw with your benefits being on Fmla? Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
yes you have to use your vacations and /or sick days. HR has all the info you need. co. keeps your bennies up by fmla law.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When my son was born I scheduled my vacations around the due date. I also filled out the fmla paper work just in case. Spend the time with your wife and child while you can. You will not regret it.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
when my last kid was born FMLA guaranteed me 3 months off. didn't see one day of peak that year.

fill out the paperwork. no matter what they tell you if you are off for more than one week unpaid without FMLA they will drop your benefits

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
when my last kid was born FMLA guaranteed me 3 months off. didn't see one day of peak that year.

fill out the paperwork. no matter what they tell you if you are off for more than one week unpaid without FMLA they will drop your benefits
They may drop u but u should contact them. The law says they must maintain your benefits.

raceanoncr

In my case, NOTICE, I SAID "IN MY CASE", when I had to stay with mom while she was dying, I applied for FMLA. There was a glitch (go figger) in the system. Co. and Mangler was OK with me off work. Said, "Take all the time you need". Did. Was off for more than 3 Mos. Used SOME of Vac, not all. Got her affairs straightened out. Came back to work, no questions. Retired at end of yr. All bennies intact.

Be sure to check, in your case. May not be same. I was lucky (or was model employee).