Unused vacation time

bigmistake

Does unused vacation time get paid out? Just came back from medical leave and got my first pay stub Friday. It shows 4 weeks of vacation. I understand it has to be used by May 1st. Is this stipulated anywhere in the contract?

PT Car Washer

Does unused vacation time get paid out? Just came back from medical leave and got my first pay stub Friday. It shows 4 weeks of vacation. I understand it has to be used by May 1st. Is this stipulated anywhere in the contract?
You will be paid out for any unused vacation time.

ManInBrown

Your vacation doesn’t have to be used by May 1st. That’s sick days. They need to be used by your seniority date or they are paid out. And you get murdered on taxes. It’s taxed as a bonus. Made the mistake of not using two sick days one year and basically got 50 cents on the dollar.

Not sure of your supplement but in Central PA you receive vacations April 1 and sick days May1. So I am assuming these are for the upcoming year. Did you pick vacations this past January?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Your vacation doesn’t have to be used by May 1st. That’s sick days. They need to be used by your seniority date or they are paid out. And you get murdered on taxes. It’s taxed as a bonus. Made the mistake of not using two sick days one year and basically got 50 cents on the dollar.
Wrong. Might be withheld at a higher rate but not taxed higher unless it bumps you into the next bracket.