For all new members, a help page

upsgrunt

Iggy- if you haven't even started working at UPS, how can you suggest what shoes or gloves to wear, or what the consequences are if you don't?

Iggyiam

Iggy- if you haven't even started working at UPS, how can you suggest what shoes or gloves to wear, or what the consequences are if you don't?

because I used boots in other work places before and mechanics gloves i used almost everyday when working on car plus i took what people told me and put it up there too.

upsgrunt

because I used boots in other work places before and mechanics gloves i used almost everyday when working on car plus i took what people told me and put it up there too.

What if I told you to hold your urine for the whole shift because your eyes will focus better? Would you post that on here too?

Iggyiam

What if I told you to hold your urine for the whole shift because your eyes will focus better? Would you post that on here too?
no i would tell you to prove it first. also for the shoe thing do you suggest new people wear tennis shoes after their told not to? on their first day?

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Interview Package Handle

Also If you are wondering about the Tour/Interview processes you will be taken on a tour of the facility. The person will describe the job to you.It is a hard job for the pay and they will ask you what makes you want to continue the processes.If you do not like what you are seeing or hearing you can leave.After the tour is done they will take everyone with you to a room and talk about the benefits seniority and all the in and outs of the job. After this you will be called in one by one to get some basic information. Such as are you a student what brought your attention at a job at UPS. What are you looking for in this job. After this you will be told that you will get a call or to come back another day for a second interview.If you are told you will be called and are not do not feel bad call them yourself. When I was contacted by Human Ressources and was not able to reach them back I kept calling them 2 or more times a day trying to get in contact with someone. This shows them that you are persistent about getting a job.Second interview will be like the end part of the first one where they will ask you why are you interested if you are a student if you have reliable transportation. If everything goes well here they will tell you to come back for the third time here you will need to bring you Drivers Licence and Social Security card. At this time they will tell you when you training will start.

Work Wear

You will need a hard toe shoe not necessarily a steel toe but not a tennis shoe because if one of those packages falls on your foot it will hurt.This is also what the HR people told me is a must from what I have seen people to wear tennis shoes but imagine you are told to wear a safty shoe/boots and you show up in tennis shoes to your traning Also invest in a pair of gloves Mechanics brand gloves are great and I recommend them to all. They are 20$ tho but gloves will keep your hands from drying out and will also help you grip the boxes.

Best of Luck
Iggy
By the way at this time im still not an employee but will start on the 8th.

If you want a cheap set of good gloves go to grainger off of commonwealth ave(exit before pritchard..make a right...then a right onto suemac rd)they have atlas fit gloves..and since youre a ups employee you get a discount

upsgrunt

no i would tell you to prove it first. also for the shoe thing do you suggest new people wear tennis shoes after their told not to? on their first day?

So they told you not to wear tennis shoes and you believed them without proof? I preloaded 20 years ago and wore tennis shoes. We have 50 people on our preload now and I bet 48 of them wear tennis shoes. Do what works for you and quit giving out advice to people for a job that you have not even reported to yet.

Iggyiam

So they told you not to wear tennis shoes and you believed them without proof? I preloaded 20 years ago and wore tennis shoes. We have 50 people on our preload now and I bet 48 of them wear tennis shoes. Do what works for you and quit giving out advice to people for a job that you have not even reported to yet.
there is 2 pages about shoes and Loafers Tennis shoes sandals running shoes sneakers and any footware that does not provide protection or support for this job is bad. go ahead and wear tennis shoes but when they tell you on your first day to go home because you dident listen dont blame me i know what i will be wearing on my feet.

/Agree

By the way I was making a joke about the gloves thing, people take things so serious.

Too blury, and atleast be courteous enough to flip that right for us.

They also tell you to use the hand-to-surface method, let us know how closely you follow that.....when you actually start that is.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
there is 2 pages about shoes and Loafers Tennis shoes sandals running shoes sneakers and any footware that does not provide protection or support for this job is bad. go ahead and wear tennis shoes but when they tell you on your first day to go home because you dident listen dont blame me i know what i will be wearing on my feet.

What UPS says..and enforces are 2 different things

Cementups

Box Monkey
UPS will let you wea r most anything you want on your feet. Once you get injury to your feet though then they will tell you it's your fault because you weren't wearing proper footwear.