For the first time in my 6 years working on the Burtonsville Day Hub...

HiredN00bs

...they cancelled the sort. Snow day!

(Actually I'm still "on call" for Twilight, but it's supposed to stay heavy until this evening, and the roads are atrocious).

UPSBluRdg03

Yep, heard some sups talking last night about how the Maryland loads wouldnt make it. You guys will be playing catch up for the next few days.

gwood

I know an employee there who was told business as usual, got stuck and waited 5 hours for a towtruck. Even 2 firefighters in an ambulance got stuck trying to help. Did the Sup even say thanks for trying? NOPE Did they care that the employee worked 16 hrs the day before? NOPE I'd love to see some of upper management on that new show about undercover bosses!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
UPS actually takes snow days? Holy crap, it must be snowing a lot.
:snow:
A real lot and it is still coming down .All time winter snow accumulation for Philadelphia.Phl hub operations closed all day surrounding hubs Oregon,Lawnside,West Chester,and Willow Grove suspended twi and mid-night sorts.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I wish you guys in the north would get your act together. You are causing problems down here in the sunny, but cold south. I would hate to have to come up there and show ya'all how to go in the snow.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have missed both storms but are beginning to feel the effects operations wise. We had late air both yesterday and today and the rumor is that 40% of our dispatched loads may not make it in tomorrow.

The Farmer's Almanac says it will be our turn here in a couple of weeks.

HiredN00bs

Just an update, BURMD cancelled Day, Twilight, and Night Hubs. One of my co-workers who's been in BURMD for 20+ years said he's only seen this happen once before. Basically, the snow was coming really heavy during the morning so that put the kibosh on the Day Hub commute (I got stuck a couple times just driving around the block). The snow persisted into the evening, and the roads were already bad from the weekend blizzard, so there was little hope of an acceptable cleanup in time for the evening and nighttime commutes.

Word is Day Hub will start at 1100 EST. Can't wait for some package handlin' (I'm a PTSup).