for the love of the almighty do NOT file a grievance EVER!

Overpaid Union Thug

Here harassment isn't the problem. Getting the grievances to be heard is. I just got a letter from the hall stating that my supervisors working grievance I filed on in early January wasn't heard until March. And worse....wasn't settled and was resolved locally. Really? A supervisors working grievance with numerous witnesses and no legitimate grounds for the union to side with the company taking this long and not getting settled locally? BS!

BrownDooDoo

It's a decade of unchecked :censored2:ery that was planted back then and has blossomed into a redwood tree of corruption. At least in my hub.

I guess you're right. If the grievances worked there would be no harassment.

Island

Like I tell the new guys, if you want to work in a warehouse, apply elsewhere and get out of UPS. Amazon seems to offer nice perks but I hear their workplace harassment is sometimes as bad as ours and their safety issues get a little out-there what with their super tall warehouses and no ladders? Anyway, as soon as the miracle job offer comes around, I'm out this b* and you all should be, too

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Like I tell the new guys, if you want to work in a warehouse, apply elsewhere and get out of UPS. Amazon seems to offer nice perks but I hear their workplace harassment is sometimes as bad as ours and their safety issues get a little out-there what with their super tall warehouses and no ladders? Anyway, as soon as the miracle job offer comes around, I'm out this b* and you all should be, too

5 more years and I'm out this b*!

Ashell

I started filing weekly. Then the harassment started. Then I started filing on the harassment. Then my steward started getting vacations after I filed. Honestly, I don't care if I see a dime. I'm not put off at all. Just to make them take the time and fill out the paperwork, and potentially have to bribe my steward to not submit my grievance. Because the once the bribes start, there will be a :censored2: storm when they stop. Just keep filing. The worst thing you could do is stop filing because you didn't get anything. That is exactly what they want is for you to think you can't get anything out of filing.

I was at the union hall about a year ago for a harassment grievance. There were 5 grievances being heard at the hall that day. As we all talked in the hallway, one guy was there over a termination and the other four of us were there for harassment. After the panel hearing i was taken into a back room and told that we don't bring those types of grievances up here. Upon waiting in the lot for another guy that was there for harassment, he got the same back room talk. That was just the BA wanting to keep all this quiet. The union want to cover it up all the same. Six months later when the international talks came up, surprise, One of the major issues Hoffa and Hall brought up was harassment. They all knew it was an issue all along. In my opinion, You have to state your case at the hall where all hearings are recorded. Everytime I file I tell my BA I am going to the Hall then I cant be used as a tradeoff grievance. They can't make it go away then. We have had two managers since and as much as one of them harassed other employees, it didn't happen to me. I won't hesitate to file again if i have to.

BrownDooDoo

I need to read up on my supplement for grievance process. I want to see what happens with this one and how I am treated. I was already "disciplined" but I am protesting that. So we'll see.

I should just document all week and turn the grievances in on Friday's lol. I'd make cake.

But honestly it's not about the money. If I do get paid for this grievance, I'm going to have a talk with other employees I think are close to being on the same page, and give them some of the money to try and start a revolution.

Island

But honestly it's not about the money. If I do get paid for this grievance, I'm going to have a talk with other employees I think are close to being on the same page, and give them some of the money to try and start a revolution.
I can't speak for your supplement but mine doesn't pay me any penalty cash for harassment grievances. Supervisor working grievances and seniority grievances are where the money is at.
Sometimes a couple of the older guys will file on behalf of a younger person with them as the witness for their own event, then split the money with them. Given the vast chasm between payrates it is often true that half of one guy's hourly wage is still more than you make for one hour, so the young guy ends up taking more cash than he would if he filed for himself and used the older guy as a witness.
I always offer to witness for anyone. Problem I have is no one thinks the money is worth being a target. In my center we have had a big problem with mgmt openly and publically harassing their targets and so everyone gets the message: don't friend with mgmt or it'll be you next, getting cussed out in front of your entire shift.
Anyway if your hall processes your grievances, keep it up. Mine doesn't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
favicon.png
Can we get a weirdo lucky charm icon or not???

BrownDooDoo

Yeah I was talking about A3S7's (sup working). They do it all day every day.

They've taken to moving me to areas where I can't see it first hand for more than a few seconds though.

BrownDooDoo

I'm determined to ground myself before work tomorrow and not let anyone or anything lower my mood.

And I'm also going to smile my ASS off and say to my preload manager (the sociopathic bully) Good morning! How was your weekend!

And the like. Kill em with kindness.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Don't give up just because someone disappointed you! continue to fight, if the company sees that their intimidation worked they and that you gave up it will empower them even more to continue their behavior. Proven retaliation for filing a grievance is against the law and will not be tolerated. Unless you let it!! File more grievances with everything you documented in it for harassment, article 37 of the national. If they see they cant scare you away, they will eventually stop. It will get worse before it gets better though so you have to have the resolve to stand your ground. As long as you follow the methods and the contract you have nothing to worry about!!

rod

Retired 22 years
's
Then you can be one of the grumbling meddlesome retirees. :)

Upstate is already on record as saying when he retires he's out of here (out of the Brown Café). Anyone taking any bets on that? I've never been called "meddlesome" on here. I kind of like that.:wink-very:

Island

The phrase came to mind when I was reading a thread where some people were saying retirees need to butt out, they're out of touch, etc. etc., I think retirees have plenty of reason to meddle here and I find your opinions welcome, even if they are different than mine.