Forced Saturday.

Ogamus

I’m an RPCD in Las Vegas, local 631. They have been forcing me in on Saturdays, can I be disciplined if I call out every single Saturday. I do not want to work SAT I transferred out here from another place that I never had to work SAT besides maybe peak once or twice, I have 3 kids and want to spend time with them. I called in one Saturday and they gave me a talk with. They repost the schedule every week with 25 names on it that are being forced in, I lost all my seniority in the transfer. Anything I can do to secure my weekend or am I screwed?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m an RPCD in Las Vegas, local 631. They have been forcing me in on Saturdays, can I be disciplined if I call out every single Saturday. I do not want to work SAT I transferred out here from another place that I never had to work SAT besides maybe peak once or twice, I have 3 kids and want to spend time with them. I called in one Saturday and they gave me a talk with. They repost the schedule every week with 25 names on it that are being forced in, I lost all my seniority in the transfer. Anything I can do to secure my weekend or am I screwed?
Test the water call in and see what happens

Ogamus

Test the water call in and see what happens
I called in on Saturday already and they tried to give me a warning letter which I got reduced to a talk with due to one of my occasions being an error on their part. Where I transferred from it was a big thing that they can’t force us saturdays and if we didn’t show up there was nothing they can do but here I’m not so sure

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I called in on Saturday already and they tried to give me a warning letter which I got reduced to a talk with due to one of my occasions being an error on their part. Where I transferred from it was a big thing that they can’t force us saturdays and if we didn’t show up there was nothing they can do but here I’m not so sure
What did your steward say?

Up In Smoke

Your in a different region so I may be wrong. I believe when you transfer, you retain your seniority for everything but bidding areas. Are they working everyone in seniority order from the bottom up?

Ogamus

What did your steward say?
He asked me “were you scheduled?” I said “well ya, I’m on the schedule every week, they post it every Friday saying I’m forced in for Saturday” and he said well then you’re scheduled. And I said well how can they write me up for calling out on my day off…and him and the on road both looked confused about it…on road tried to make it a warning letter and I told him one of the occasions was a request off they coded sick. And shop Stewart said he’d get back to me in a few days which he did and said it’s now a talk with.

Ogamus

Your in a different region so I may be wrong. I believe when you transfer, you retain your seniority for everything but bidding areas. Are they working everyone in seniority order from the bottom up?
Bottom up is how they’re doing it, I kept company seniority and lost building seniority.

Up In Smoke

You should be placed on the seniority list by classification and company seniority. Your building seniority should only come into play when bidding areas or routes.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
He asked me “were you scheduled?” I said “well ya, I’m on the schedule every week, they post it every Friday saying I’m forced in for Saturday” and he said well then you’re scheduled. And I said well how can they write me up for calling out on my day off…and him and the on road both looked confused about it…on road tried to make it a warning letter and I told him one of the occasions was a request off they coded sick. And shop Stewart said he’d get back to me in a few days which he did and said it’s now a talk with.
I can’t say you’re getting railroaded, because I don’t have all the details. But I’d call into the union hall and get clarification, if I were you.

And don’t sign anything.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I never had to work SAT besides maybe peak once or twice, I have 3 kids and want to spend time with them. am I screwed?
How sure are you that saud kids want to spend time with you?

On topic.

Asking for a friend who doesn't have kids yet

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You should be placed on the seniority list by classification and company seniority. Your building seniority should only come into play when bidding areas or routes.

No, you lose all seniority rights except for benefits purposes, such as how much vacation time you get. Everything else, from bidding to where you are on the work list starts at the bottom We have several transfers in my building at the moment.

rickyb

with capitalism everything is forced or you can quit

an economy with more freedom would have workers owning and voting how to run their jobs

Up In Smoke

No, you lose all seniority rights except for benefits purposes, such as how much vacation time you get. Everything else, from bidding to where you are on the work list starts at the bottom We have several transfers in my building at the moment.
I'm in the Central and our transfers get slotted by company seniority. It's defined further in our local rider. I stated that I had no working knowledge how things work out west.

Up In Smoke

Does a RPCD get slotted behind a 22-4 driver?