Forced Saturday.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Does a RPCD get slotted behind a 22-4 driver?

Different job classifications. If the next RPCD opening was slotted for a transfer, they would get the job, but once the 22.4 became an RPCD I imagine they would have seniority over the transfer, but I have not known this to happen yet, so it hasn't been challenged, and no panel clarfication, so it's my best guess.

Thebrownblob

If he’s scheduled Mon-Fri how they gonna discipline him for calling in on his day off
Good question although central region language does say…..

If an employee is required to work a sixth (6th) and seventh (7th) consecutive day at the Employer’s request, they shall be paid the appropriate premium regardless of the established work week.

As of yet I don’t know of any panel decision that has been upheld for Attendance solely because of missing Saturdays.

Tanktoptony

If you look in the western region supplement our workweek is 5 consecutive days does not specify requirements to work more than a m-friend or t-s schedule. I dealt with this same issue until our ba stepped up and told us not show outside of our regular schedule workweek. Dozens of people were getting working termination letters but not a single thing happened. All the drivers still have jobs. You do need to call in and let them know you will be unavailable to work that day. No details just that you are unavailable end of story.

542thruNthru

I’m an RPCD in Las Vegas, local 631. They have been forcing me in on Saturdays, can I be disciplined if I call out every single Saturday. I do not want to work SAT I transferred out here from another place that I never had to work SAT besides maybe peak once or twice, I have 3 kids and want to spend time with them. I called in one Saturday and they gave me a talk with. They repost the schedule every week with 25 names on it that are being forced in, I lost all my seniority in the transfer. Anything I can do to secure my weekend or am I screwed?
Per Teamsters United...
Screenshot_20220715-183952_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can be forced.

Pullman Brown

It’s so bad in our building the whole list, over a 100 drivers, goes up for forced Saturday, hoping enough come in to cover the routes! It’s a joke now! There obviously is a breaking point and for many they have reached it! I respect the time that veterans have put in and the unique challenges that they faced that newer drivers didn’t face but you always knew you had two days off not with this new generation!

Last edited:

RealPerson

Central -- Yes they can force you from the bottom up. Transfer seniority is only good for amount of vacations and retirement..
We get forced every Saturday in December.

Thebrownblob

It’s so bad in our building the whole list, over a 100 drivers, goes up for forced Saturday, hoping enough come in to cover the routes! It’s a joke now! There obviously is a breaking point and for many they have reached it! I respect the time that veterans have put in and the unique challenges that they faced that newer drivers didn’t face but you always knew you had two days off not with this new generation!
Same here over 200 drivers in three centers all get forced because no one will come to work Saturday.

AKCoverMan

Whole building should show up one Saturday and demand 8 OT