Former Portland UPS worker charged with stealing items on the job

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Former Portland UPS worker charged with stealing items on the job - Fox 12

A former UPS worker in Portland was indicted by a grand jury on two felony counts of theft after investigators say he stole two iPhones and other items from the processing facility where he worked.

Thomas Hugill, 25, appeared in a Multnomah County courtroom Wednesday.

It was Black Friday of 2017 when Ana Mendez, of Clackamas County, says ordered two iPhones for her daughters, but they never arrived. Mendez says she reported it to T-Mobile who reported it to UPS; UPS said the package was lost.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This just barely scratches the surface of the # of thefts (and even one stolen budget rental) that occured here.

I knew a kid that got caught trying to steal an entire tote of cellphones/accessories.

And of course the story this old fart loved to tell me about the kid who got fired eating some imported chocolate bar straight out of the box.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
This just barely scratches the surface of the # of thefts (and even one stolen budget rental) that occured here.

I knew a kid that got caught trying to steal an entire tote of cellphones/accessories.

And of course the story this old fart loved to tell me about the kid who got fired eating some imported chocolate bar straight out of the box.

We had a guy who ate boxes of cheese if they were too far off the road. He ended up quitting before he got caught. He also told me he used to throw boxes of them out the window. This was back in the days we got swamped with Swiss Colony Cheese gift boxes.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We had a guy who ate boxes of cheese if they were too far off the road. He ended up quitting before he got caught. He also told me he used to throw boxes of them out the window. This was back in the days we got swamped with Swiss Colony Cheese gift boxes.
Dam , I hated those

badpal

Thank goodness swiss colony doesnt hit us like that anymore, you have to have some whiskers to remember how much of that we would get.

badpal

Yes , long before cyber monday and online shopping. Things change, i remember when J C PENNEY was the bulk stop on alot of package cars. Before WAL MARTS hit every town.