Free Turkey

Oldfart

You should tell her not to thaw meat under hot water. Put the turkey in the sink full of cold water (even with some ice cubes). On second thought don't tell her that--women get :censored2: off if you tell them they don't know what they are doing.
I am no cook, I am a truck driver. I saw it soaking in water. I assumed it was hot. If I were thawing something, I would use hot water. I am busy laughing my ass off watching "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" or I would go downstairs and ask her how she did it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am no cook, I am a truck driver. I saw it soaking in water. I assumed it was hot. If I were thawing something, I would use hot water. I am busy laughing my ass off watching "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" or I would go downstairs and ask her how she did it.
Those aren't pillows.

!Retired!

Thawing turkey in hot water, or room temperature, is a good way to invite Salmonella. If you have time, thawing in a fridge (1 day/4-5lbs) is the safest way. 2nd best way is cold water....about 30 minutes/lb.

As for free turkeys. It's done on a station to station basis.

Oldfart

Well, what did you expect? They know that the Salvation Army has free turkey dinners on Thanksgiving.
I might to go that route. I am going to my sisters and her cooking taste like kerosene. Besides my wife's turkey, I have to really watch what I eat or bad things happen later tonight.

floridays

Was gonna try to be funny, but reread it and you said, "I'm no COOK, never mind, carry on old fart.
Have a great Thanksgiving.

bacha29

I might to go that route. I am going to my sisters and her cooking taste like kerosene. Besides my wife's turkey, I have to really watch what I eat or bad things happen later tonight.
What you call "kerosene" we call "gallstone bait". Just lay it out there and call out " here gallstone, here gallstone" and before you know it you've got a scar running from you arm pit to your belly button where they had to go in and take yours out the hard way.