Free Turkey

Oldfart

Not sure if it was company wide but my wife just put the turkey in the oven that they gave us at work today. Nice surprise.

Oldfart

So it was fresh, meaning not frozen. If you your spouse cooked it on the same day it was received, I’m assuming it was fresh.
Oh, ok. They actually got them yesterday and gave them out today. My wife met me at lunch and took it home to finish the thawing process. I believe it can take a day or so to thaw when they are frozen. I am not a cook so I might be wrong about that.

Meat

Oh, ok. They actually got them yesterday and gave them out today. My wife met me at lunch and took it home to finish the thawing process. I believe it can take a day or so to thaw when they are frozen. I am not a cook so I might be wrong about that.

How many pounds is the turkey, and what thawing process did your wife implement?

Oldfart

How many pounds is the turkey, and what thawing process did your wife implement?
It was 13 lbs. I have no idea how she finished thawing. I came home and it was in the sink soaking in hot water. What she did between meeting me at 11 and when I got home at 6 is beyond me.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was 13 lbs. I have no idea how she finished thawing. I came home and it was in the sink soaking in hot water. What she did between meeting me at 11 and when I got home at 6 is beyond me.

You should tell her not to thaw meat under hot water. Put the turkey in the sink full of cold water (even with some ice cubes). On second thought don't tell her that--women get pissed off if you tell them they don't know what they are doing.