Frustration, laziness, BOXES!

Pooter

Those kids/people come and go, sometimes not BUT don't worry about it.

This job is so much easier when you don't give two sh;ts about anything other than doing your job and collecting paychecks.

Grab some headphones and zone out till break.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Here's to another rant on a legitimate subject. Today in the sort aisle, I watched in amazement as the new-hire young kid stood by staring at his cell phone while boxes fell around him. The oldest employee in the unload went over to the kid and starting picking up his boxes for him while the young one just stood there.
Here is my frustration, this kid was hired during peak and never should have stayed. I know dozens of struggling people who are far better workers and tough as nails.
This kid is constantly failing the 45 minute trailer time-trial, he will not sort quickly he cannot SPA he is without work ethic and can't put the right boxes on the assigned belts.
Why does UPS bother keeping these people? I almost got fired after 3 weeks and not being quick enough. I snapped back and became one of the fastest unloaders and best sorters in the building.
If there was any sense in management, this kid would be fired or sent to smalls or somewhere else. I could bring in any one home-boy I know or any member of my band and they would be a greater help.
I would be greatly displeased to learn that he gained seniority and have his lazy uninterested and unwilling behavior protected by our union.
I have often spoke with my Union Steward about this particular employee and he agrees with me...however there is nothing we can do about it other than watch him stand there while boxes slide past and his only interest is his smartphone.
Subject matter aside it's nice to read something articulate from a young person.