FT bid run getting bumped off

I work in upstate ny been there 15 years. I am a full time package car driver I have a steady bid run same run everyday. So I thought, since I've started my run in February there has a been a total of 3 weeks that I was on my run all 5 days the rest of the weeks I've been getting bumped off it to cover other drivers runs and a cover driver more times then not covers my bid run. Our union president 687 who sells us union members out on a steady baises unbelievable its pretty black & white in the national master agreement. I'm going to be honest I'm getting pretty frustrated here need advice please

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I work in upstate ny been there 15 years. I am a full time package car driver I have a steady bid run same run everyday. So I thought, since I've started my run in February there has a been a total of 3 weeks that I was on my run all 5 days the rest of the weeks I've been getting bumped off it to cover other drivers runs and a cover driver more times then not covers my bid run. Our union president 687 who sells us union members out on a steady baises unbelievable its pretty black & white in the national master agreement. I'm going to be honest I'm getting pretty frustrated here need advice please

This has been going on since February and you're just asking about it now.

Why did you grieve it?

Your Steward should be able to take care of this in about 30 seconds.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve and I work in the same center. Our center manager has told us that we are all considered cover drivers. Our BA has also told us that there is little that the union can do. Steve has been getting screwed on a regular basis but there is also little that he can do, other than telling them "no" and letting the chips fall where they may.

Steve is not the only bid driver who gets moved around but it does seem to happen to him more than the others.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Steve and I work in the same center. Our center manager has told us that we are all considered cover drivers. Our BA has also told us that there is little that the union can do. Steve has been getting screwed on a regular basis but there is also little that he can do, other than telling them "no" and letting the chips fall where they may.

Steve is not the only bid driver who gets moved around but it does seem to happen to him more than the others.

So he does not have a bid route, he is a bid cover driver, correct?

I believe you have to maintain 10% of your bid routes as bid cover routes.

If this is the case, does not the route selection by bid cover drivers go in seniority order?

Indecisi0n

File for not being on your route EVERYTIME
File for 9.5's
Request hour days and file when you don't get them
File everytime you see a sup working.

Trust me after this they will start to get it.

Fragile

lmao

barnyard

KTM rider
So he does not have a bid route, he is a bid cover driver, correct?

I believe you have to maintain 10% of your bid routes as bid cover routes.

If this is the case, does not the route selection by bid cover drivers go in seniority order?

That must be a regional thing. We have extra routes that are put in, but once they are in for (I cannot remember how many days in a row) they have to be bid. Once bid, it is the bid holders route until he/she bids off it. Unless it is a training route, but that is specified on the bid sheet.

If there are extra routes put in, they are offered in seniority order. As they are usually crap wagons, low seniority people run them unless there is nothing available for higher seniority people.

The problem I guess I'm really having is why my local union president isn't really doing anything about it and I wanna know if there is someone ELSE besides my union president for my local that I can contact because this guy seems like he's working for UPS and not the TEAMSTERS

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our union president 687 who sells us union members out on a steady baises unbelievable its pretty black & white in the national master agreement.

What is the violation in the Master Agreement ?

Do you mean the regional supplemental Agreement ?

If you aren't getting anywhere with the grievance procedure....

Go to your Locals next monthly meeting, and confront the President

during the "new business" portion of the meeting.

-Bug-

cafelatte

What is the violation in the Master Agreement ?

Do you mean the regional supplemental Agreement ?

If you aren't getting anywhere with the grievance procedure....

Go to your Locals next monthly meeting, and confront the President

during the "new business" portion of the meeting.

-Bug-

Definitely a great idea as long as your not being told "your out of order and to sit down"

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I'm just shocked that there are problems there in upstate.......I always thought that management is perfect up there and that management were all good who care about there workers