FT bid run getting bumped off

ManInBrown

I am in 294 in upstate. If you have a bid route. Say " no I'm staying on my bid area." You don't have to go any where. It is their problem if they don't have the correct manning. That is the reason for bids. Does Dave bounce also. He is a bid driver. There is no way in hell I'm moving. Unless I agree. It. 'S not happening.

Bingo. I'm not coming off my route. Sometimes it is cut once a week then I have to be a cover driver and work wherever they put me. It's not in, thats fine. If my route is in, NO ONE other then me is doing it. They ask me for a favor I MIGHT oblige once a year.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Bingo. I'm not coming off my route. Sometimes it is cut once a week then I have to be a cover driver and work wherever they put me. It's not in, thats fine. If my route is in, NO ONE other then me is doing it. They ask me for a favor I MIGHT oblige once a year.

I only would do it if the "favor "benefits. ME! Heck they haven't asked in 15 yrs

Overpaid Union Thug

I only would do it if the "favor "benefits. ME! Heck they haven't asked in 15 yrs
I had a Favor Derby back then......believe it or not most of the time they made good on their Favors owed me
Those favors, although nice for the driver, also makes management believe they can skirt other contract language. I have stopped them from forcing or letting bid drivers off their routes a few times. They are not only violating the contract but also missing out on a golden opportunity to get another driver trained on a route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve and I chatted for a minute before the PCM. He wanted to thank everyone here for their advice. He said he learned more here in the past few days than he had in his whole career.

3 done 3 to go

Steve and I chatted for a minute before the PCM. He wanted to thank everyone here for their advice. He said he learned more here in the past few days than he had in his whole career.

Good for Steve. But, what area did he do? Only way to correct, is to grieve it. Needs to go above your ba

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Those favors, although nice for the driver, also makes management believe they can skirt other contract language. I have stopped them from forcing or letting bid drivers off their routes a few times. They are not only violating the contract but also missing out on a golden opportunity to get another driver trained on a route.

You haven't stopped anything...come back to reality.

3 done 3 to go

I figured it out as well there are three full time covers below me and the one of of them is the guy who covers my run when I get bumped

Steve. They will get away with whatever you let them. Ups only takes. There is no give for anything. As you get taken advantaged over and over . You and only you, are the only one who can put a stop to it. Unfortunately there are guys who never speak up.

3 done 3 to go

I figured it out as well there are three full time covers below me and the one of of them is the guy who covers my run when I get bumped

Steve. They will get away with whatever you let them. Ups only takes. There is no give for anything. As you get taken advantaged over and over . You and only you, are the only one who can put a stop to it. Unfortunately there are guys who never speak up.

I've spoken up numerous occasions I've had my steward their my union president was there on one occasion and they could stop it so tell me how

Overpaid Union Thug

You haven't stopped anything...come back to reality.

OH really? Last time I stopped it I was able to run the route I wanted to run as opposed to the route that benefited management. And a newer driver was forced to learn a new route and the ON CAR sup was forced to go out ON THE CAR with the driver. But hey....it sounds like you take pride and violating a legally binding contract on your end. That is quite pathetic. Sounds like your drivers have no balls. You'd get eaten alive in my center.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This is unfair.

Possibility.

But, I have strong opinions on these type of situations.

I did MY run today and I also filed 2 grievances today one for management working and the other for me getting bumped last Friday Wednesday and Tuesday

You have contractual rights.

Ups takes advantage of people, that let them.

No.... Yeah, no.... :biggrin:

-Bug-

By The Book

I've spoken up numerous occasions I've had my steward their my union president was there on one occasion and they could stop it so tell me how
Each time file a grievance when pulled off your bid run. Have your steward with you and you say I'm requesting to run my route. If they say no, say I have to file a grievance, and will have to file one each time this happens. That way your steward witnessed this and you don't need to tell them each time. start writing everything down, who drove what, hours worked, person in management you spoke with,etc. They need to cross train the routes you are going to when they pull you off your bid route.