FT drivers bumping pt'ers.

InsideUPS

What if my company seniority is 16 years but building seniority is only 3 years? (transferred buildings) Are you saying a full-timer with less than 16 years can NOT bump me?

Not speaking for Piedmont however I agree with what he said. Under the Central Region supplement, it is your total company seniority that will protect you from being bumped from a FT employee with less (less than 16 in your case) company seniority. So, the answer to your question is yes...a full-timer with less than 16 years can not bump you.......UNLESS.....your BA has made some other type of agreements with the company.... LOCAL agreements generally prevail over all other language... Check with your BA to be sure...

UPSGUY72

Can they lay off up to 4 Ft drivers and they can bump a pt'er?

*no, I didn't search.

Would need to read your supplement. In my area if you haven't complete your progression you only guaranteed 4 hrs you could collect and bump on PT. Once you complete your progression you could bump 2 PTimers to get your hrs.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What if my company seniority is 16 years but building seniority is only 3 years? (transferred buildings) Are you saying a full-timer with less than 16 years can NOT bump me?

The only person that can give you a clear-cut answer on this is your BA. Different hubs and centers handle lay-offs in different ways according to past practice, which may actually conflict with some of the NMA language or the language in the regional supplements.

Rider

Do you have to be laid off 5 consecutive days to bump a part time employee in the building? I've been driving 1 day per week for the last several weeks. I am a full time seven year driver, and had six plus years preload.